2019 Predictions!

Prediction...

I'll go to Finals week again, along with a handful of other shows, and have a great time. I'll go with friends, and meet up with old friends, and former members, and have a few drinks, a lot of laughs, and respect the hell out of the kids on the field.

• Like 4

I predict we will all once again be awed by the quality of performance of the MM's and the creativity of music and visual designers.  We will temporarily forget about how so much has changed.  Then as the sun sets every day, and the season comes to a close,  we will return to the critiquing and bellyaching about how our team was screwed or didn't get credit and this one didn't play and this one didn't march and so on.  I further predict that because of all the wrongdoing we have been reading and hearing about, there will be more eyes on all groups and all MM's will be better cared for and much safer.  And god help any group who doesn't; step up in that regard.  You are being watched.  Placement predictions later when we get to the Detroit show and ST's are done.

• Like 4

14 minutes ago, Newseditor44 said:

I don't know, they've got a young line this season.

Boston will be a force along with SCV/BD obviously - that Ott may become a six or seven way race vs. the recent 2 possibly 3 way

• Like 1

It's so difficult to predict what's going to happen prior to the season actually starting, but just for the fun of it I'll give it a shot. I think one thing is certain, there will be a lot of corps at the top beating up on each other this year. I don't think we'll have a runaway champ like we have the past few seasons. I expect BD and SCV to go back in forth on the left coast, and Boston to jump out to an early lead in the East. I think the Bluecoats are going to have a solid season and climb a bit before ultimately giving way to SCV. And Crown, Cavaliers and Boston will trade blows at the end of the season.  Crown's design issues the past two seasons will come back to haunt them again, but the young percussion will line will continue to build on their recent success. The big surprise will come at the bottom, with Spirit and Music City making their way into the top 12. 

1. SCV - Good reports coming from early camps, they have the talent and the design team to pull off back to back championships. 

2. Bluecoats - Last year's group learned quite a bit (as did the design team), should be an up year for Bloooo

3. BD - All three corps at the top will remain within a point of each other going into Nationals, and stay that way all through the week. BD wins brass and CG, but SCV and Blooo beat them in GE. 

4. Boston - Boston becomes the beast of the East, putting distance between themselves 

5. Cavaliers - The green machine stays solid in the early season with some key victories, but ultimately can't keep up

6. Carolina Crown -  A young brass and percussion section, along with continued design issues will push this group further away from a medal this season. Based on the competition, sixth won't be as bad as it sounds. 

7. Phantom Regiment - The black and white team is headed back in the right direction with a solid show.

8. Cadets - an organization is more stable and the design team has a full year to gel. Despite an eighth-place finish, this will be a successful year for the corps as they continue to rebuild. 

9. Blue Knights - I want to forget what I saw in 2018 and hope that BK can get back to something a bit more crowd friendly, like their 2017 show.

10. Blue Stars - Just because

11. Spirit of Atlanta - Spirit is heading in the right direction. 

12. Music City - The big surprise of the year. This might be a year or two early, but I see good things coming from this group. 

Edited by Newseditor44
  • Like 1

1-Bd -Always the best

2-SCV - top2 

3-Bluecoats - these 3 a leaguegue of their own.

--------------

4- Cavies -Strong brass ,keep design like 1st half of 2018 show,not second 

5- Crown -Younger corps and that usually means lower placement . 

6- Boston -Lots of talent and older memebrs.show went flat after strong start. major disappointment in 2018 ,and in 2019 also. 

7- Cadets  .Could be lower .big year for cadets.

8- Blue Stars  Mature older corps here. easy programs but clean finals week. 

9- Crossmen -Always seem close to moving up.I this the year. Ge always hurts. 

10.Blue Knights - hot or moss on design...always powerful . 

11-Phantom . - More staff changes?? is this 3 years in a row?

12.-  ?????

Spirit , Academy , Mandarins , ???????

Edited by 777hornman

10 minutes ago, Newseditor44 said:

6. Carolina Crown -  A young brass and percussion section, along with continued design issues will push this group further away from a medal this season. Based on the competition, sixth won't be as bad as it sounds.  

You've mentioned this in previous posts about Crown 44.  It could be true, but I find it odd that any corps that's been a contender for several years, isn't maintaining a lot of vets.  Or, are some of the vets going to a higher placing corps than Crown from the year before?

39 minutes ago, Newseditor44 said:

It's so difficult to predict what's going to happen prior to the season actually starting, but just for the fun of it I'll give it a shot. I think one thing is certain, there will be a lot of corps at the top beating up on each other this year. I don't think we'll have a runaway champ like we have the past few seasons. I expect BD and SCV to go back in forth on the left coast, and Boston to jump out to an early lead in the East. I think the Bluecoats are going to have a solid season and climb a bit before ultimately giving way to SCV. And Crown, Cavaliers and Boston will trade blows at the end of the season.  Crown's design issues the past two seasons will come back to haunt them again, but the young percussion will line will continue to build on their recent success. The big surprise will come at the bottom, with Spirit and Music City making their way into the top 12. 

1. SCV - Good reports coming from early camps, they have the talent and the design team to pull off back to back championships. 

2. Bluecoats - Last year's group learned quite a bit (as did the design team), should be an up year for Bloooo

3. BD - All three corps at the top will remain within a point of each other going into Nationals, and stay that way all through the week. BD wins brass and CG, but SCV and Blooo beat them in GE. 

4. Boston - Boston becomes the beast of the East, putting distance between themselves 

5. Cavaliers - The green machine stays solid in the early season with some key victories, but ultimately can't keep up

7. Phantom Regiment - The black and white team is headed back in the right direction with a solid show.

8. Cadets - an organization is more stable and the design team has a full year to gel. Despite an eighth-place finish, this will be a successful year for the corps as they continue to rebuild. 

9. Blue Knights - I want to forget what I saw in 2018 and hope that BK can get back to something a bit more crowd friendly, like their 2017 show.

10. Blue Stars - Just because

11. Spirit of Atlanta - Spirit is heading in the right direction. 

12. Music City - The big surprise of the year. This might be a year or two early, but I see good things coming from this group. 

I'm a Cavaliers parent, and I'd sign up for this right now. Well...maybe I'd like to see them in 4th over Boston. But the main reason I'd sign up for this is I'm rooting HARD for Spirit of Atlanta to get back in the mix. There's simply no reason with the talent that's all over metro Atlanta and neighboring states that Spirit shouldn't be in the thick of things. Hope that they've started their journey back! 

On ‎6‎/‎22‎/‎2016 at 11:35 AM, 777hornman said:

Season Begins tomorrow .

Here is my last prediction based on videos and recordings.

11. Boston
12. Blue Stars

Dam close on this one.

On ‎2‎/‎24‎/‎2017 at 10:51 AM, 777hornman said:

BlueDevils

Crown

SCV

Bluecoats

Cavaliers

Blue Knights

Cadets

Boston

Crossmen

Phantom 

Blue Stars

Madison 

Close again.

On ‎6‎/‎21‎/‎2018 at 2:41 PM, 777hornman said:

Cadets , Blue Stars  and Phantom Move down . 

Boston NOT in top 5 . 

Crossmen , Madison ,Spirit ,  Bluecoats  Move up .

Two for three.

39 minutes ago, 777hornman said:

6- Boston -Lots of talent and older memebrs.show went flat after strong start. major disappointment in 2018 ,and in 2019 also. 

Don't think so, but, we'll see on August 10th how everyone who made predictions did.

• Like 1