2019 Predictions!

Image result for back on track... gifs

3 hours ago, xandandl said:

This New York native would merely seek to point out to you other Mainlanders and johnny-come-latelies:

1. "annex" means to add, not subtract.  I think the word you are seeking is to "detach" or "relinquish."  Tic on the content captions.

2. California governmental bodies in Sacramento have already proposed to do that removal already.

3. New York was the capital of the US when George (Washington, not those other two) took his oath as POTUS.

4. DCP mods seem consistently to remove any politically toned posts except when authors are Westshoremen or Reading alum. Something about the water in Penn's woods.

Sorry xandandl...my comment was not against the people of New York. My problem is with the politicians in New York.

I don't know if I'd predict, but I would hope that Academy makes their way back to Finals. Such an entertaining corps each year. And their uniforms (costumes..whatever you kids them these days <insert eyeroll>) are always pure class year after year. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, OldSnareDrummer said:

I don't know if I'd predict, but I would hope that Academy makes their way back to Finals. Such an entertaining corps each year. And their uniforms (costumes..whatever you kids them these days <insert eyeroll>) are always pure class year after year. 

Just like you stated, their uniforms ( costumes ) designs have been well coordinated with their chosen themes the last several years. Classy looking, even when the theme chosen might have been light hearted.

Edited by BRASSO

On 1/28/2019 at 2:47 PM, Newseditor44 said:

It's so difficult to predict what's going to happen prior to the season actually starting, but just for the fun of it I'll give it a shot. I think one thing is certain, there will be a lot of corps at the top beating up on each other this year. I don't think we'll have a runaway champ like we have the past few seasons. I expect BD and SCV to go back in forth on the left coast, and Boston to jump out to an early lead in the East. I think the Bluecoats are going to have a solid season and climb a bit before ultimately giving way to SCV. And Crown, Cavaliers and Boston will trade blows at the end of the season.  Crown's design issues the past two seasons will come back to haunt them again, but the young percussion will line will continue to build on their recent success. The big surprise will come at the bottom, with Spirit and Music City making their way into the top 12. 

1. SCV - Good reports coming from early camps, they have the talent and the design team to pull off back to back championships. 

2. Bluecoats - Last year's group learned quite a bit (as did the design team), should be an up year for Bloooo

3. BD - All three corps at the top will remain within a point of each other going into Nationals, and stay that way all through the week. BD wins brass and CG, but SCV and Blooo beat them in GE. 

4. Boston - Boston becomes the beast of the East, putting distance between themselves 

5. Cavaliers - The green machine stays solid in the early season with some key victories, but ultimately can't keep up

6. Carolina Crown -  A young brass and percussion section, along with continued design issues will push this group further away from a medal this season. Based on the competition, sixth won't be as bad as it sounds. 

7. Phantom Regiment - The black and white team is headed back in the right direction with a solid show.

8. Cadets - an organization is more stable and the design team has a full year to gel. Despite an eighth-place finish, this will be a successful year for the corps as they continue to rebuild. 

9. Blue Knights - I want to forget what I saw in 2018 and hope that BK can get back to something a bit more crowd friendly, like their 2017 show.

10. Blue Stars - Just because

11. Spirit of Atlanta - Spirit is heading in the right direction. 

12. Music City - The big surprise of the year. This might be a year or two early, but I see good things coming from this group. 

i don't see the cavies placing above crown or cadets. i think the cadets will be a huge shock this year and come back strong. crown is young but they have harloff to support them. top 6 will be a shootout for sure this season.

maxresdefault.jpg

14 minutes ago, zachary walrath said:

i don't see the cavies placing above crown or cadets. i think the cadets will be a huge shock this year and come back strong. crown is young but they have harloff to support them. top 6 will be a shootout for sure this season.

maxresdefault.jpg

My observations are obviously in a "vacuum" of having only heard one 2019 hornline, and having no idea at what rate all hornlines are improving. That said, I feel like the "Crown Injection" on the horn staff that started last year and continues this year is having an obviously good effect on the Cavaliers. So while they may end up in that 4-7 position brawl for position, they will be better equipped this year for it than either 2017 or 2018. I've been very impressed with what I've heard so far early on, and while its sometimes useless to try to compare "where they were last year to where they are this year"...I feel like Cavies hornline has taken a major step forward. But again...that doesn't mean Cadets, Crown, Boston, etc. aren't doing the exact same thing. 

• Like 3

On 2/5/2019 at 4:02 PM, dans said:

So would I...New York is next. Bye, bye!

Great idea. They can come with us. The two best states in the Union would do well together.

Edited by queenanne_1536
  • Haha 1

35 minutes ago, zachary walrath said:

I think the best we can hope for out of the Cadets is 6th. I think it's going to take years, or a decade or more, if they ever return to the top 3.

On 2/6/2019 at 8:22 AM, xandandl said:

This New York native would merely seek to point out to you other Mainlanders and johnny-come-latelies:

1. "annex" means to add, not subtract.  I think the word you are seeking is to "detach" or "relinquish."  Tic on the content captions.

2. California governmental bodies in Sacramento have already proposed to do that removal already.

3. New York was the capital of the US when George (Washington, not those other two) took his oath as POTUS.

4. DCP mods seem consistently to remove any politically toned posts except when authors are Westshoremen or Reading alum. Something about the water in Penn's woods.

Brilliant. 

• Haha 1