2019 Predictions!

4 hours ago, Ghost said:

Especially the big guns hired after 2016.  Hopefully they will still be on the payroll.

KInd of ruined it for me . Its like MLB .not really their staff.Just like Madison did for those 3 seasons . now look. Boston will be back to where they were. 

• Thanks 1

8 hours ago, 777hornman said:

KInd of ruined it for me . Its like MLB .not really their staff.Just like Madison did for those 3 seasons . now look. Boston will be back to where they were. 

I’m seeing more similarities to Cadets and Cavies rises rather than Madison. You have to assemble the staff to attract the talent and get the results. Staff moves so much today, very few corps have “their staff” for long periods of time. Boston Crusaders also worked to build a foundation for success prior to attracting the new staff. I don’t think you’re going to see a collapse too soon.

• Like 5

19 hours ago, HockeyDad said:

Well, you’d logically base a prediction on recently, right?  And since the end of the Cavaliers 15 year run in 2006, BD has won 7 of the last 12. 58%. Pretty dominant. And, in this 12 years, no other corps has won more than once. 

So, I would pick BD in 2019. 

I'll pick the corps with the highest score after all captions are totaled using whatever system DCI is using this year is added together after averages, and after any penalties are subtracted wins

9 hours ago, 777hornman said:

well you leave out a huge factor....if those staffs weren't happy, why should they stay? and trust me, folks that went to Boston were NOT happy where they were.

• Like 2

21 minutes ago, Jeff Ream said:

well you leave out a huge factor....if those staffs weren't happy, why should they stay? and trust me, folks that went to Boston were NOT happy where they were.

Yup but also it’s important to mention they were at the other organizations for years and years... opportunity met attitude 

as an outsider I was personally done wth the egotistical wars ripping the cadets apart and neither caption was so dominant as they warrant pomposity ubering across a parking lot to a brass warm up 

jmo 

41 minutes ago, Jeff Ream said:

I'll pick the corps with the highest score after all captions are totaled using whatever system DCI is using this year is added together after averages, and after any penalties are subtracted wins

You’re no fun sometimes 🥳

On 1/28/2019 at 12:49 PM, 777hornman said:

6- Boston -Lots of talent and older memebrs.show went flat after strong start. major disappointment in 2018 ,and in 2019 also.  

12 hours ago, 777hornman said:

now look. Boston will be back to where they were. 

We see 777 that your disdain for Boston is still in place, even though no corps has competed in 2019 yet.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

Updated March predictions based mostly on feeling as well as what I’ve about camps this month.

1/2. Bluecoats 

1/2. Blue Devils

3. Carolina Crown

The Blue Devils, in my opinion, had an off year last year. They weren’t as clean nor did their sound inspire me as much as it usually does. It’s because of this that I’m expecting a very strong BD this year. I’ve heard Bluecoats is having a very good preseason, specifically about the talent level. I have a very good feeling about them. As far as Crown, I’ve been told mixed things. It’ll depend on their design. Third is just a gut feeling.

—————————————————

4/5. Santa Clara Vanguard

5/4. Boston Crusaders 

Vanguard could certainly be top three again, but history tells me that when a corps wins a championship after a long period of not winning, they slip in placement. Boston is on the rise, but breaking into the top three is harder than climbing to where they are now. I think it’ll be one or two more years until they do.

—————————————————-

6/7/8.  The Cavaliers

6/7/8. The Cadets

6/7/8. Blue Stars 

I heard good things about Blue Stars this year. I don’t see these three corps falling out of or rising above 6/7/8. The Cavaliers could, but their show designs and brass line will need to improve. Kevin LeBouf could make a big difference.

—————————————————-

9/10. Blue Knights

9/10. Crossmen

Total guesswork.

—————————————————

11/12. Phantom Regiment

11/12. Madison Scouts (maybe Mandarins)

Also total guesswork. I hope to one day see Phantom Regiment thrive again.

• Like 1