2019 Predictions!

3 hours ago, YoungMusician said:

4/5. Santa Clara Vanguard

Vanguard could certainly be top three again, but history tells me that when a corps wins a championship after a long period of not winning, they slip in placement. Boston is on the rise, but breaking into the top three is harder than climbing to where they are now. I think it’ll be one or two more years until they do.

Let's see if SCV has what it takes to medal in 2019. Last four corps to beat BD........PR/Cadets/Crown/Coats didn't even medal the following year, while BD not only won the following season, they went undefeated each of those years. SCV certainly has the talent, drive and motivation to get the job done, but so did those four corps preceding them. It's one thing to get to the top of the mountain, whole different story staying there.  

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, YoungMusician said:

I meant it as a 1st or 2nd place. Similar to the 6/7/8 meaning 6th, 7th, or 8th respectively.

I know. My point was:  it’s a harmless prediction thread. So step up and make a prediction. Otherwise, my prediction is

1/2/3/4/5/6 BD/SCV/BC/BAC/CAVIES/CADETS

Bold. 

10 hours ago, HockeyDad said:

You’re no fun sometimes 🥳

i learned from you!

10 hours ago, George Dixon said:

Yup but also it’s important to mention they were at the other organizations for years and years... opportunity met attitude 

as an outsider I was personally done wth the egotistical wars ripping the cadets apart and neither caption was so dominant as they warrant pomposity ubering across a parking lot to a brass warm up 

jmo 

oh it was toxic in some cases before the switch. Sometimes you just need a new venue. In the long run, i think it was best for those staff to find a new home

• Like 1

4 hours ago, HockeyDad said:

How do you come in 1/2 place?

and in 1st place.....which is really a tie for 1/2 place......

8 hours ago, Ghost said:

Very bold HD since you have CC not making the top 6.

Dang I knew I was forgetting something. So let me add /7 Crown

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Ghost said:

Very bold HD since you have CC not making the top 6.

Not so bold actually. Cavies won in 06- out of the top 6 in 2012.

Phantom in 08 and out of the top 6 more regularly in 2014

Cadets in 11 out in 2017

Crown in 2013 out in ???

Did everyone think we would have a period of several years where the Cavies, Cadets, and Phantom were out of the top 6? (Not all at the same time but these are big names that have had down periods recently)

The pattern of having a a new champion (maybe not first time but different than BD) has held true since the period of absolute BD dominance began in 07....so why wouldn't old blood falling out of favor while new blood gets hot hold ture too?

I am going to be bold and say Boston gets 2nd and SCV doesn't medal too.  Every new champion in this era of DCI hasn't medaled the next year AND a completely new corps has gotten 2nd place (well crown did 2nd twice). 09,12 then 14 bluecoats and 17 SCV. (Even Phantom got 2nd in 06).

Following this established pattern you find 1. BD 2. Boston 3. Bluecoats 4/5 Cavies and SCV and 6/7 Crown and Cadets or Crown and some other surging corps.

Although it been 12 years and its time for a new pattern. 

Edited by ThePlanets
  • Like 3
  • Haha 1