2019 Predictions!

4 hours ago, ThePlanets said:

Crown in 2013 out in ???

Your 6-year pattern is convincing! 

One thing that separates Crown from the others is that their 15-year Finals, year-over-year, placement change is the 3rd least volatile (behind Blue Devils and Blue Knights).  Combined with their 3rd highest average placement, it would be surprising for them to place 7th or lower.  Phantom and Cadets are among the most volatile.  Cavies has been about average.  

• Like 2

20 hours ago, Chief Guns said:

Let's see if SCV has what it takes to medal in 2019. Last four corps to beat BD........PR/Cadets/Crown/Coats didn't even medal the following year, while BD not only won the following season, they went undefeated each of those years. SCV certainly has the talent, drive and motivation to get the job done, but so did those four corps preceding them. It's one thing to get to the top of the mountain, whole different story staying there.  

You also have to consider SCV won every caption except guard last year. When was the last time a corps beat BD at finals and won most of the captions. I know BD went awardless in 2016 and 2018, but I think that's what sets SCV apart and I'm not in the least bit concerned that they won't be championship caliber next year.

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, queenanne_1536 said:

You also have to consider SCV won every caption except guard last year. When was the last time a corps beat BD at finals and won most of the captions. I know BD went awardless in 2016 and 2018, but I think that's what sets SCV apart and I'm not in the least bit concerned that they won't be championship caliber next year.

Agree.  SCV has been on a steady course since their precipitous drop in 2005.  There is nothing erratic or lucky about their climb back to the top.  

50 minutes ago, queenanne_1536 said:

It’s obviously possible another corps wins in 2019 but SCV may go on a streak of wins - they were quite far ahead imo 

threepeat possible imo! 

Agreed. They have no weak sections, as they were close to winning the captions that they did not win in 2018. I expect them to be even better this year.

1 hour ago, queenanne_1536 said:

I have to agree. Can't argue anything you said. 

5 hours ago, Ediker said:

Agree.  SCV has been on a steady course since their precipitous drop in 2005.  There is nothing erratic or lucky about their climb back to the top.  

Not at all. This is a corps that has been putting the right pieces in place, and now they’ve got them. I knew in 2013 that they were just a heartbeat from getting back into championship form, but these days a heartbeat in DCI is years. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, George Dixon said:

It’s obviously possible another corps wins in 2019 but SCV may go on a streak of wins - they were quite far ahead imo 

threepeat possible imo! 

Of course. Had Bluecoats beaten BD at finals last year I would not have argued otherwise. They are SO close. I loved their show last year. I’m really hoping that it’s a slug out between SCV, Bloo and BD. But, Bloo has some work to do, caption wise, to make that happen.