2019 Predictions!

Mandarins to remain in Top 12 for 2019 as well ( my prediction).. Its not unusual for a Corps to make Top 12 for their first time, then slide back out. But I view the Mandarins has having figured out the sheets well of late, and they have a good design staff there. So I think they stay in, so we'll see what happens.

Will we see a new Corps in the Top 12 for 2019 that was not there last season ? Its certainly possible. We know so little about all these Corps at this stage. But my hunch is that " no ", we won't see a Corps replacement over last season in the Top 12 this summer. But who really knows. Time will tell.

1 minute ago, BRASSO said:

Mandarins to remain in Top 12 for 2019 as well ( my prediction).. Its not unusual for a Corps to make Top 12 for their first time, then slide back out. But I view the Mandarins has having figured out the sheets well of late, and they have a good design staff there. So I think they stay in, so we'll see what happens.

Will we see a new Corps in the Top 12 for 2019 that was not there last season ? Its certainly possible. We know so little about all these Corps at this stage. But my hunch is that " no ", we won't see a Corps replacement over last season in the Top 12 this summer. But who really knows. Time will tell.

Very true. I would, however, love to see SOA back in the top 12 again. I've heard some good (if not very general and vague,) things from camp reports. 

9 minutes ago, Weaklefthand4ever said:

Very true. I would, however, love to see SOA back in the top 12 again. I've heard some good (if not very general and vague,) things from camp reports. 

Yes.. They could shake things up. Its possible. They rebounded pretty nicely last season, and the changes made there have seemingly helped them. So we'll see. Music City might be another Corps, not currently in the Top 12, that might improve over last season. They might be able to capitalize on their  2018 show being a big hit for marchers and audiences alike. So they bear watching, to at least move up in placement anyway... and there is always Madison Scouts, with lots of staff changes there, that might lift them placement wise as well. Lots of intrigiung possibilities here, ... up and down the current pecking order in DCI.

Edited by BRASSO

5 hours ago, Ghost said:

Probably not with the mind set of their organization.

I rather doubt it as well, but I do predict BD will reinvent themselves this year.

• Like 2

20 minutes ago, Jurassic Lancer said:

I rather doubt it as well, but I do predict BD will reinvent themselves this year.

I think you're right and more to the point, I think they almost HAVE to. The real question is, how do you push the GE even more than it's being pushed now? There's only so much vertical space you can push the props to safely I would think. In a way it's kind of fun to guess how the corps will push the new envelope. 

I was also thinking today about when this all started? The first time I remember a "prop" being used truly effectively for GE was maybe 1985 with SCV and the uniform change through the "tunnel." I remember my father going INSANE about how cool it was. In fact, it seems like SCV kind of led the way with cool stuff in the mid to late 80's. Am I missing some corps from before that? 

• Like 3

I was working a Band show this Fall and a DCI HOF'er guaranteed me that Madison Scouts are going to make finals. 

• Like 2

I don’t have very much intel on Bloo other than the staff is extremely excited and even more secretive than usual. 

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, Jurassic Lancer said:

I don’t have very much intel on Bloo other than the staff is extremely excited and even more secretive than usual. 

Which is saying something, considering that the ‘18 show wasn’t announced until right before they stepped on field for opening night

• Like 1