2019 Predictions!

Every single corps so far has the following:

1. More talent than EVAH!!!
  2. Filled with tons of vets/lots of incredible rookie talent with new energy (pick which one applies)
  3. The MOST DIFFICULT BRASS BOOK THEY HAVE HAD EVAH!!! OTT CONTENDER!!
  4. PERCUSSION IS SLAMMIN'!!!! SCV NEEDS TO WATCH OUT!! (Unless you are SCV and then its a cold hard lock to repeat)
  5. The NEW/OLD (you choose which one applies) DESGIN STAFF is the best and are gelling/hitting their stride/put together their best work EVAH!!!!!!! (Again pick what applies to make you feel better and allow your corps homerism flag fly)

What did I miss? Looks like there is going to be a 12 place tie for the best score in DCI history. šŸ˜›

First person to post a camp report stating the fact that they don't think their favorite corps is in for a better year than last I'll buy you a cold 12-pack. You know there are some corps out there in that boatĀ and you know people are thinking it.Ā šŸ™‚

Ā 

Ā 

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

2 minutes ago, Spatzzz said:

2. Filled with tons of vets/lots of incredible rookie talent with new energy (pick which one applies)
  4. PERCUSSION IS SLAMMIN'!!!! SCV NEEDS TO WATCH OUT!! (Unless you are SCV and then its a cold hard lock to repeat)
  5. The NEW/OLD (you choose which one applies) DESGIN STAFF is the best and are gelling/hitting their stride/put together their best work EVAH!!!!!!! (Again pick what applies to make you feel better and allow your corps homerism flag fly)

What did I miss? Looks like there is going to be a 12 place tie for the best score in DCI history. šŸ˜›

First person to post a camp report stating the fact that they don't think their favorite corps is in for a better year than last I'll buy you a cold 12-pack. You know there are some corps out there in that boatĀ and you know people are thinking it.Ā šŸ™‚

Ā 

Ā 

Even though it's true, this is why no one post reports like they use to. Ā 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, NavyCrusader said:

Even though it's true, this is why no one post reports like they use to. Ā 

Hey, I love the fact that people are so passionate about the activity and their favorites. That is what makes this activity great right?Ā 

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Spatzzz said:

Ā 

Thatā€™s why this time of year is so great!

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Spatzzz said:

Hey, I love the fact that people are so passionate about the activity and their favorites. That is what makes this activity great right?Ā 

I do to, but we all know the preseason hype is all part of it and now days people are afraid to post their thoughts because they are afraid of being called a Homer. You just straight up 8 mile'd everyone... lol Ā 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, NavyCrusader said:

I do to, but we all know the preseason hype is all part of it and now days people are afraid to post their thoughts because they are afraid of being called a Homer. You just straight up 8 mile'd everyone... lol Ā 

I guess I don't see what is wrong with someone being a homer. If they are a fan they should let their homer flag fly. Not disparaging them just find it funny that everyone is a champ is April and May.

Besides this activity is about entertainment it isn't life or death. People just need to chill a tad.

šŸ”ØĀ Every Corps is a winner in May. Then the freakin DCI judges have to come along, butt in, and ruin it for so manyĀ of us with their cockamamie ...........ā›ļø

Ā Image result for we are not very good i'm afraid.... gifs

Edited by BRASSO
  • Like 2
  • Haha 3

1 hour ago, NavyCrusader said:

Ā  people are afraid to post their thoughts because they are afraid of being called a Homer.Ā Ā 

And never mention the corps might have an off year, etc. or else you'll get all kinds of flack.

Edited by Ghost

Ā The thing is, apart from our favorite corps or what not, I believe most fans want to be entertained. I mean, which is a more successful year with a fan... a Corps that finished say 21stĀ that was highly entertaining we thought, or a Corps that finished much higher, but really , the show didn't engage us much at all ?Ā  In the end, the Corps that finished higher typically becomeĀ easily forgettable for us if their show, despite good scores from the judges, was a meh for us. . Don't get me wrong. Placements are indeedĀ important. VERY Important. But good grief, its the captivating shows that will be most remembered years later by most fans, imo,Ā  not so much the placements that season. So as we go about these placement predictions for this season, and hope our favorite Corps or Corps get better scores and placements from the DCI judges this season, lets not forget the importance to fans of finding shows engaging and captivating, no matter what the judges might think. I 'll let the judges determine who is " better " among the tier groups. That is in their domain. I've got no control over that. But I control as a fan what shows I liked and preferred. Thats in my domain. Not the judges domain.Ā  Judges get to decide " who's better/ bestĀ ". We fans get to decide " likes/ prefers ":. This is as it should be too, imo

Edited by BRASSO
  • Like 6