2019 Predictions!

5 hours ago, Fran Haring said:

More "Is it live, or is it Memorex?" moments.  :laughing:

What's Memorex?😉

On 4/29/2019 at 11:01 AM, BRASSO said:

We can all predict with a high level of certainty that most fans will believe that the DCI judges that will score their favorite Corps well this season in shows were highly competent, unbiased, professionals, while those judges that scored their favorite Corps below what other judges have in shows, are mouth breathing, biased, incompetent, no good ########,  that don't have a ####### clue what they're doing, and we should  ####  and then #######  and then #### #### #### and once more for good measure #### #### #### , and thats enough of these ######## as you probably get the point by now with THAT judge  .:biggrin:

####

• Haha 2

6 hours ago, Bob P. said:

What's Memorex?😉

On 5/1/2019 at 4:18 PM, Fran Haring said:

Me neither.  :tongue:

Seriously... I had early exposure to DCA, going back to 1971, since our local-circuit junior corps' brass arranger during that time was John Arietano of the Sunrisers (he's the main reason I and a number of folks from NJ ended up with Sun)... and my brother-in-law marched with the Hawthorne Caballeros in 1972 and '73. 

A friend marched with DCA's Westshoremen in 1995-96, after a hiatus from corps of about 25 years or so.  So, like in your case, it can happen!!!

How many people did we have in 77? 10-15?  We were called the Jersey crew of course and had dead puppy  contests on the Belt Parkway and even the occasional crispy critters contests which is people burning in  cars.  Winner got a beer at Joe's Bar and Grill

• 3 weeks later...

With less than a month to go before Tour Premiere, here are my predictions as of now:

1. BD

2. SCV

3. Crown

4. Bluecoats

5. Boston Crusaders

6. Cadets

7. Cavaliers

8. Blue Stars

9. Mandarins

10. Blue Knights

11. Crossmen

12. Spirit of Atlanta

---

13. Phantom Regiment (yes, I'm really going here, and wouldn't be surprised if 1 or 2 corps I listed below passed them before season's end)

14. Colts

15. Madison Scouts

16. Academy

17. Troopers

18. Music City

19. Pacific Crest

20. Genesis

21. Seattle Cascades

---

22. Jersey Surf (it will be close, but I think some Open Class corps will really step up this year with BDB, SCVC and OC all gone)

I have no idea...nor does anyone else. Many variables that will help determine placements are unknown at this point. Thread would make more sense if it was titled "tell us what you want to happen this season."

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Total guess based on what little has come out during the winter.  This is early or pre ST guessing:

1. SCV

2. BD

3. BAC

4. BLC

5. CAR

6. CAV

7.CAD

8. MAN

9. BLS

10. BLK

11. CRO

12. PHA

13. SPI

14.  COL

15.  ACA

16.  MUS

17.  TRP

18. MAD  (real mad)

I'll give it another go a couple of days before Detroit when more word gets out from ST's.

• Like 1

1. One year the corps I picked to come first, Folded.
  2. One year the corps I picked to come in second came in 8th.
  3. Once the corps I picked third came in 9th.
  4. Once the corps I picked fourth came in 7th.
  5. Once the corps I picked fifth came in 1st.
  6. Once the corps I picked sixth came in 2nd.
  7. Once the corps I picked seventh came in 3rd.
  8. Once the corps I picked eighth came in 3rd.
  9. Once the corps I picked ninth came in 5th.
  10. Once the corps I picked tenth Folded.
  11. Once the corps I picked eleventh Folded

Six times I picked the top 7 correctly.

Once I picked the top 12 in order.

2019 Picks:

I have no Idea.

Edited by boxingfred

Every group will start with their equipment grounded so they can dance around to pre-recorded sounds for the first 2 minutes, followed by 3 minutes of drum solo, with more horn/guard dancing.  The next 6 minutes will be mezzo-forte stand and play 16th note runs, with lots of synthetic goo.  Then to cap it off, some run and gun to the end, with even more synthetic goo, and cymbal rolls.