2019 Predictions!

1 hour ago, Jeff Ream said:

I predict on opening night, someone somewhere will complain about the scores

No way?:lol:

1 hour ago, Poppycock said:

That would be exciting but highly unlikely. Takes a week or so for the judges to change last season finals placements at the beginning of a new season. Scores maybe close but placements most likely won’t change yet. 

exactly. mostly always true - then in a week or first 10 days things tend to sort out a little for the first half of season - then REGIONALS

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, LabMaster said:

If I were to predict the opening night, Detroit Premier results I might be so bold as to predict

1. Boston

2. Bluecoats

3. Crown

4. Blue Stars

5. Cadets

6. Phantom

That's if I were predicting.

It's a tall order.  Boston would have to sling hard in GE to topple Bloo.

5 hours ago, Terri Schehr said:

Yep.  They were narced out by someone in their scoring neighborhood, though.  

That's how I remember it, too... a corps that was a competitor.

Of course, that 12th-place prelims tie in '77 opened the door for the conspiracy theorists after Bridgemen were officially dropped from the finals placements after the DQ controversy.  LOL.  Voila... only 12 corps left!!!!  :laughing:

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, Fran Haring said:

That's how I remember it, too... a corps that was a competitor.

Of course, that 12th-place prelims tie in '77 opened the door for the conspiracy theorists after Bridgemen were officially dropped from the finals placements after the DQ controversy.  LOL.  Voila... only 12 corps left!!!!  :laughing:

Like magic! 

• Haha 2

33 minutes ago, Terri Schehr said:

Like magic! 

Heard about it in 1975, too... "DCI DQ'd the Muchachos just so Troopers could make Finals." 

One of several stories that incident generated.  LOL.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Ediker said:

It's a tall order.  Boston would have to sling hard in GE to topple Bloo.

True.  But whomever nails a performance that night could win it, so why not Boston? It’s not like they finished several points back. And I’m telling you, they will come out strong.  Their brass line is for real, guard is picking up where they left off and percussion will impress. 

4 hours ago, Poppycock said:

That would be exciting but highly unlikely. Takes a week or so for the judges to change last season finals placements at the beginning of a new season. Scores maybe close but placements most likely won’t change yet. 

Maybe, but it is also possible that there is the realization these corps weren't far apart at finals and that may allow for judges to accept a bit of a “shake up”, if you will.  Here’s hoping.

46 minutes ago, LabMaster said:

True.  But whomever nails a performance that night could win it, so why not Boston? It’s not like they finished several points back. And I’m telling you, they will come out strong.  Their brass line is for real, guard is picking up where they left off and percussion will impress. 

Careful Lab. You don't want to be accused of over- hyping here on DCP.

See you Friday.

• Like 3