2019 Predictions!

4 minutes ago, Weaklefthand4ever said:

I'm really curious to hear how the drum books read. So far I've heard individual lines but the only two groups I've heard within the entire corps ensemble have been Boston and Phantom and both sounded sloshy to me because of the venue. It's going to be interesting to see if the books get watered down this year or if the battery comes up front more. 

word is some have adapted staging, some haven't. in an outdoor venue i think it will work better than an enclosed venue

1. Blue Devils

2. SCV

3. Boston Crusaders

4. Bluecoats

5. Cavies

6. Crown

7. Cadets

8. Blue Stars

9. Blue Knights

10. Phantom Regiment

11. Mandarins

12. Crossmen

• Thanks 1

1. Who ever scores the highest in GE and Visual at Finals.

12. Congratulations you made the cut! Thank your design team! 

Hoping for a great season. I am open to anyone/group who is innovative and thoroughly thought out their show and are able to maximize their music and visual and are performing at a high level! Bring it! 

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, Cappybara said:

1. Blue Devils

2. SCV

3. Boston Crusaders

4. Bluecoats

5. Cavies

6. Crown

7. Cadets

8. Blue Stars

9. Blue Knights

10. Phantom Regiment

11. Mandarins

12. Crossmen

Based on seeing Boston's full feld show 4 days ago in Vermont, this placement for them seems reasonable.  Some posters here have been whining about a certain corps from the Northeast having unrealistic expectations....going from 5th to 3rd that is.  Well that would be as unrealistic as a corps going from 12th to 5th in 2 years....oh wait...

• Like 2
  • Haha 3

I never said Boston, did I? I said a corps a bit more northern than the Carolinas, which could mean Bluecoats, Cavaliers, Music City, Boston, or Cadets. Forgive me if I missed anyone.

But...since you tried to be snarky, I'll bite.

Here's my thoughts on Boston moving up.

Breaking top 3 is different than moving up to 5th. Crown was a point and a half ahead of Boston, with Bluecoats almost a point and a half ahead of Crown. Now, thanks to Bostons new staff they went from 12th to 5th, but as multiple people on here have said before, breaking top 3 is difficult. Even top 4 is difficult when that pack is between a point to 4 points ahead of you. Boston was on 5th island last year with the 2 corps a point around them.

Crown was ahead by almost .8 in GE.

Guard put Boston ahead in Visual, but only by .3.

Percussion helped Boston out in Music, but music still drug behind by around .8.

Let alone the point spread between them and the top 3.

I realize that Boston has become somewhat of a DCI darling amongst the fans, but I'm sorry that I think Boston isn't realistically automatically breaking into the top 3 this year. Again, its my opinion, but if anyone else will be breaking top 3 this year, it's going to be the Cavaliers, Crown, or the Cadets. They know what it takes to get there, have been there, and will be fighting to get back there. I also believe they have the upper hand staff wise and concept wise. 

Also, please don't come at me with the whole "we haven't seen all these corps" because theres only 4 of the top 12 from last year that I haven't seen (and don't bombard me with video requests either).

20 minutes ago, Incognito365 said:

I never said Boston, did I? I said a corps a bit more northern than the Carolinas, which could mean Bluecoats, Cavaliers, Music City, Boston, or Cadets. Forgive me if I missed anyone.

But...since you tried to be snarky, I'll bite.

Here's my thoughts on Boston moving up.

Breaking top 3 is different than moving up to 5th. Crown was a point and a half ahead of Boston, with Bluecoats almost a point and a half ahead of Crown. Now, thanks to Bostons new staff they went from 12th to 5th, but as multiple people on here have said before, breaking top 3 is difficult. Even top 4 is difficult when that pack is between a point to 4 points ahead of you. Boston was on 5th island last year with the 2 corps a point around them.

Crown was ahead by almost .8 in GE.

Guard put Boston ahead in Visual, but only by .3.

Percussion helped Boston out in Music, but music still drug behind by around .8.

Let alone the point spread between them and the top 3.

I realize that Boston has become somewhat of a DCI darling amongst the fans, but I'm sorry that I think Boston isn't realistically automatically breaking into the top 3 this year. Again, its my opinion, but if anyone else will be breaking top 3 this year, it's going to be the Cavaliers, Crown, or the Cadets. They know what it takes to get there, have been there, and will be fighting to get back there. I also believe they have the upper hand staff wise and concept wise. 

Also, please don't come at me with the whole "we haven't seen all these corps" because theres only 4 of the top 12 from last year that I haven't seen (and don't bombard me with video requests either).

Lighten up, Francis.

• Haha 7

I predict the online hype before Thursday will hit record levels....and so will the doom and gloom an hour after scores are announced

• Haha 1