2019 Predictions!

I'll take a shot based on full-show videos or in-person views so far.    I have not seen the corps with an *.

1. Blue Devils

2. Santa Clara Vanguard*

3. Boston Crusaders

4. Carolina Crown

5. Bluecoats

6. Cavaliers*

7. Cadets*

8. Blue Knights*

9. Blue Stars

10. Crossmen

11.Academy

12. Phantom Regiment

13. Mandarins

14. Spirit*

• Like 4

Let's give this a shot... I really haven't seen much of anything this year so these are probably going to be way off.

1. Blue Devils
  2. Santa Clara Vanguard
  3. Boston Crusaders
  4. Bluecoats
  5. Carolina Crown
  6. The Cavaliers
  7. The Cadets
  8. Blue Stars
  9. Mandarins
  10. Crossmen
  11. Blue Knights
  12. The Academy
Edited by MarchandPlay
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, George Dixon said:

I’m shocked at how many are putting Cadets below Blue Stars. 

There will be some upsets this year.  Not convinced that any will be to Cadets' detriment.  

I predict that the top 6 will all break 95.0

• Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, rancidrolla said:

Outside of me being a shameless homer, I actually think they're going to make an upward push this season. Someone has to fall

I’m not convinced they will move up but there was a big gap between them and 8th - Cadets have had a much better winter so I guess I just don’t  understand so many expecting them in 8th or 9th

Edited by George Dixon
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, George Dixon said:

I’m not convinced they will move up but there was a big gap between them and 8th - Cadets have had a much better winter so I guess I just don’t  understand so many expecting them in 8th or 9th

Stay calm GD.  Save your energy until after San Antonio.

22 minutes ago, George Dixon said:

I’m shocked at how many are putting Cadets below Blue Stars. 

Why? I think it's entirely within the realm of possibility that the Blue Stars could beat the Cadets. They were 7th and 8th last year, and I firmly believe the Blue Stars had the better designed show of the two. If the Blue Stars took the Cadets, it wouldn't be a big jump at all (there's been much bigger). Remember where the Cadets and Cavies were at the end of 2015 and the end of 2016? The Cadets still have a looooooooooooooong way to go to get back to the top, if they ever do. Rebuilding takes many years, if not a decade or more. 

Would I put money on the Blue Stars beating the Cadets? No, but I wouldn't mind seeing the Blue Stars do it. I've always liked them. Not as much as the Cadets, but it's always fun when lower corps move up and beat the juggernauts for the first time in decades. I have no idea when the last time the Blue Stars beat the Cadets, but it had to be in the 70s. 

Edited by queenanne_1536
  • Like 1