2019 Predictions!

1 hour ago, EDAVE said:

Let's assume that Crown, Boston, Cavies, ect all have an instruction and design staff equal to SCV and BD.  Then the real issue is do they have the depth of talent equal to SCV and BD.  My guess based on the past few years is no. This is why it takes a fews years to show the MMs that the corp has what it takes to compete, and then they will be able to compete for the top recruits and win the gold.

I would agree with this. If you want to work with the best and be the best, you go to corps like BD, SCV, Crown and Bluecoats. If winning is your only goal, you go to BD. Anyone that marched more than one season with BD starting in 2006 is a world champion. That is absolutely remarkable. I believe BD and SCV probably have the most talent in their corps. It took a long time for SCV to build a championship brass program. There's nothing these two have shown over the past 2 years for SCV and past 12 years for BD that would leave me to believe they both won't be championship worthy this season.

Boston is smart by taken baby steps. 2017 was a HUGE step up because they had the new talent and new staff in place to do it. 2018 was a baby step up (they didn't bite off more than they could chew). I am really excited to see their 2019 show, and if they've taken another step forward. I have to believe the overall design will be a step up, as I already believe the musical book is. Still, that doesn't mean they are going to improve in placement, and it doesn't mean they won't drop in placement either.

In 1989 Star finished 6th. Any other year they would have likely been 4th or 5th with that show, and they may even have been 3rd in 1987. It doesn't just matter what BAC does. It matters what everyone else does, too.

• Thanks 1

13 minutes ago, PopcornEater1963 said:

Worth noting that Cavaliers didn’t get outscored by BAC until the last weekend in July. And it was the first time they’d outscored them in 4-5 years. 

I wouldn’t count the Cavaliers out with regards to competing with BAC. They have five years of history where BAC never beat them. BAC has 2 weeks of history at the end of last season. 

Perspective. 

Absolutely. Cavaliers had great shows in 2016 and 2017, and I think people were surprised in where they placed both of those years. I would not have thought, pre-season, in 2016 that they would have placed 6th, just like I wouldn't have pegged them to beat the Bluecoats at finals at the start of 2017. Last year could have been one of those - take two steps back to take a leap forward - kind of years. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, queenanne_1536 said:

Absolutely. Cavaliers had great shows in 2016 and 2017, and I think people were surprised in where they placed both of those years. I would not have thought, pre-season, in 2016 that they would have placed 6th, just like I wouldn't have pegged them to beat the Bluecoats at finals at the start of 2017. Last year could have been one of those - take two steps back to take a leap forward - kind of years. 

They finished 5th in 2016 🙂 

1 minute ago, queenanne_1536 said:

Roll your eyes all you want. I know I know what I'm talking about. Let's revisit this whole thread at the end of the season. Why can't you state your view without being rude? 

I am. You are lecturing everyone. It’s quite rude You don’t think we all know the staff and the trends? 

My top 12 predictions now that ST is wrapping up:

1. SCV

2. Bluecoats

3. BD

4. Boston

5. Cavaliers

6. Crown

7. Cadets

8. Mandarins 

9. Regiment

10. Blue Stars

11. Blue Knights

12. Spirit 

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, George Dixon said:

I am. You are lecturing everyone. It’s quite rude You don’t think we all know the staff and the trends? 

1. SCV

2. Bluecoats

3. BD

4. Boston

5. Cavaliers

6. Crown

7. Cadets

8. Mandarins 

9. Regiment

10. Blue Stars

11. Blue Knights

12. Spirit 

I hope that Spirit prediction is correct. They’ve put themselves on a good course over the last couple of years. My original favorite corps from the Jim Ott days. No reason SOA couldn’t get all the way back into the top 5 mix if they keep building. 

• Like 1

Just now, PopcornEater1963 said:

I hope that Spirit prediction is correct. They’ve put themselves on a good course over the last couple of years. My original favorite corps from the Jim Ott days. No reason SOA couldn’t get all the way back into the top 5 mix if they keep building. 

Their music is awesome.  If they look like they sound they’re gonna be in really good shape.  

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, George Dixon said:

1. SCV

2. Bluecoats

3. BD

4. Boston

5. Cavaliers

6. Crown

7. Cadets

8. Mandarins 

9. Regiment

10. Blue Stars

11. Blue Knights

12. Spirit 

I like that you put Spirit back in finals! 

I actually do have a random question... I actually have not heard much on the Mandrains part. Have you head anything? I would love to seem them climb up further in the rankings.