2019 Predictions!

Also, part of me really thinks this Bluecoats production has potential Gold written all over it. If this cleans and they make effective changes and additions I believe this will be a tough show to beat. Bloo's design team is just unreal. Sheesh! What a show!!

• Like 4

I don’t have any predictions but if I had to rank last year’s top 6 based on my enjoyment of them so far it would probably go something like this: 

1. Crown

2. Bluecoats 

3. Cavaliers 

4. SCV

5. BD

6. BAC

I love Crown because they have kept a lot of drill difficulty rather than the staging that takes up so much of SCV’s and BD’s show. I don’t think staging is all bad but I think traditional drill is really effective too. After seeing videos of all these corps, I still think that Bluecoats has the strongest design from a GE standpoint and is solid in every caption. BAC just seems a tad overproduced for my taste. What I love about this season so far is that I don’t see a clear winner at all, in fact I don’t see a clear group of medalists like last season (although Vanguard, BD, and the Bluecoats are looking to take those top 3 spots again). 

Edited by DASCFan
  • Like 1

Hey, might as well keep this thread going since this is what I predict as of now. Top 4 will be (alphabetically of course): Bluecoats, Boston Crusaders, Carolina Crown, and Santa Clara Vanguard. Too soon to feel out what exact order they'll be. Of course there's the Devils.. I know it's naive of me to see them getting less than 3rd, but I really think the east coast is matching a certain west coast corps, and it's the Devils turn to go down the stairs for a minute. To add to that, Cavaliers have this train that will definitely cause casualties if they gain enough speed, they could easily pass the Devils IMO. Final thought, again too early to predict, but (for maybe the first time), maybe we'll see a finals with four different caption wins? Bluecoats GE, Boston guard, Crown brass, and Vanguard percussion... Imagine the craziness that would be.

Edited by johnpendell

10 hours ago, johnpendell said:

Hey, might as well keep this thread going since this is what I predict as of now. Top 4 will be (alphabetically of course): Bluecoats, Boston Crusaders, Carolina Crown, and Santa Clara Vanguard. Too soon to feel out what exact order they'll be. Of course there's the Devils.. I know it's naive of me to see them getting less than 3rd, but I really think the east coast is matching a certain west coast corps, and it's the Devils turn to go down the stairs for a minute. To add to that, Cavaliers have this train that will definitely cause casualties if they gain enough speed, they could easily pass the Devils IMO. Final thought, again too early to predict, but (for maybe the first time), maybe we'll see a finals with four different caption wins? Bluecoats GE, Boston guard, Crown brass, and Vanguard percussion... Imagine the craziness that would be.

Just to be clear, you're predicting the Blue Devils to finish either 5th or 6th?

Might as well be crystal clear, because if you turn out to be right you will own DCP.  

Edited by skevinp
spelling
  • Like 1
  • Haha 3

36 minutes ago, skevinp said:

Just to be clear, you're predicting the Blue Devils to finish either 5th or 6th?

Might as well be crystal clear, because of you turn out to be right you will own DCP.  

I plead the fifth! I’ve had enough DCP drama so I’m trying to be conversational and pleasant. BUT. maybe. :ninja: The Devils have all means to make their show spectacular, it’s a matter of will they?

Edited by johnpendell
  • Thanks 1

I don't necessarily think that they will... But we should probably just realize that BD is capable of being awesome and finishing 5th.

This would not actually be earth shattering... or irreverent.  History extends beyond the last 20 years.  Some of BD's finest shows were not medalist material, in a crowded field.

Edited by cfirwin3
  • Like 1

17 hours ago, queenanne_1536 said:

Exactly this. It's just highly unlikely BAC is going to be top 4 in brass, or top 4 in GE or top 4 in percussion. Crown's brass is always good, Vanguard seems to have a hornline as good (or better) than last year, Cavies beat BD in brass last night. BD's brass is always good. Bluecoats are right up there. Right there, BAC is likely 6th. That will knock them out of the medals right there, because the only caption they are likely to place top 3 is guard and a big big big maybe on visual.

Gosh...sounds like rinse and repeat....just in another thread...but the same narrative...maybe you should go watch the Cavies Spin Cycle show again for more inspiration....

• Like 2