2019 Predictions!

33 minutes ago, jwillis35 said:

The Cadets had to take some time off to perform for the 96 Olympic Games closing ceremonies in Atlanta. They performed some of their field show on an unmarked field (sloppy) and did a really fun comedy skit with a comedian that I really enjoyed..."

I love this activity, but that skit was something I was hoping remained in the recesses of my mind.

Now I'll have to go through some EMRD to get rid of it. 

5 minutes ago, Weaklefthand4ever said:

It's pretty #### nice. I will say getting in and parking is MUCH easier than getting out after the show. But that's really no different than it was at the Georgia Dome. They just reduced concession pricing and I have to say that the lines were really short. 

I can walk to the stadium from the Omni. Yay!

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Continental said:

I love this activity, but that skit was something I was hoping remained in the recesses of my mind.

Now I'll have to go through some EMRD to get rid of it. 

Yeah you should totally work to forget the biggest worldwide audience moment in drum corps history lol 

9 minutes ago, Continental said:

the Cadets doing their show?  Nope

the skit?  Yes

Thanks George

Fair enough the skit was goofy but designed by the Olympic folks 

what an honor for the cadets 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, George Dixon said:

Fair enough the skit was goofy but designed by the Olympic folks 

what an honor for the cadets 

You and I agree on that.  1996 is one of my favorite Cadets shows.  The quality of that performance with no markers on the field.  I wish the audience knew just what an achievement that was with the complexity of the drill they had. 

Edited by Continental

4 minutes ago, Continental said:

You and I agree on that.  1996 is one of my favorite Cadets shows.

That event and the Statue of Liberty rededication were prob the two biggest honors in Cadets history 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Terri Schehr said:

I’ve noticed the anonymous trolling has ramped up lately. It’s pretty easy to attack people who post under their real name, like George, Dan. Jeff Ream, etc.  all while using a nom de plume for yourself. 

Very true. I've kept mine the same since like 2003 or 2004 I think. But I've always been open with my name to anyone who asked. It's actually quite funny, I just developed an effective communications module for a client about coaching (and dealing with) the new generation of employees. MANY (and I mean MANY) don't seem to know how to have am actual conversation. Anonymity from behind a phone or keyboard has emboldened people to the point where they'll type anything to anyone with little or no thought to how it can effect other people. I used to have to actually worry about what I said because the threat of getting punched in the throat was real. Now you can tell someone to go #### their ##### with a ####### in the ########## and die and then just unfriend them. 

P.S. - I didn't use real words...just hashtags so trying to decipher what I was saying would be pointless. Someone will most assuredly do it though. 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Weaklefthand4ever said:

Very true. I've kept mine the same since like 2003 or 2004 I think. But I've always been open with my name to anyone who asked. It's actually quite funny, I just developed an effective communications module for a client about coaching (and dealing with) the new generation of employees. MANY (and I mean MANY) don't seem to know how to have am actual conversation. Anonymity from behind a phone or keyboard has emboldened people to the point where they'll type anything to anyone with little or no thought to how it can effect other people. I used to have to actually worry about what I said because the threat of getting punched in the throat was real. Now you can tell someone to go #### their ##### with a ####### in the ########## and die and then just unfriend them. 

P.S. - I didn't use real words...just hashtags so trying to decipher what I was saying would be pointless. Someone will most assuredly do it though. 

In a flashback to BAC 2017........ "GUILTY"!!! 😂

p.s. - I can't believe you would say something like that about someone's mother!!! 😂

• Haha 4

7 minutes ago, Weaklefthand4ever said:

I’m not against anonymity on message boards etc..  I’m against people who hide behind their anonymity to troll. 

• Like 2