2019 Predictions!

19 hours ago, xandandl said:

Of Crown's 8 founders, half were from NY/LI, and one from Ohio. Not Southerners by any means..

Well, you could probably say that about every corps.

26 minutes ago, queenanne_1536 said:

Depends how one defines "the south," but as I said it another post - I would have a hard time putting those two in the south as well, but others might consider doing so.

I think people who actually live/spend a significant amount of time in the south should have the final say on this kind of thing lol, mostly because it's more of a social/cultural thing. Never really met a southerner who considers those states as southern. Kinda doubt the inhabitants of Maryland and Deleware consider themselves a part of it either 

Edited by Cappybara

37 minutes ago, Cappybara said:

I think people who actually live/spend a significant amount of time in the south should have the final say on this kind of thing lol, mostly because it's more of a social/cultural thing. Never really met a southerner who considers those states as southern. Kinda doubt the inhabitants of Maryland and Deleware consider themselves a part of it either 

I have a few homes, including a place in Florida and many say Florida is not the south or at least Southern:smile:

1 hour ago, Cappybara said:

I came across a "southern gentleman" who made it clear that anyone north of Atlanta was "nothin but a GD Yankee".   That was quite a revelation how far South , north was.  LOL. 

36 minutes ago, LabMaster said:

I came across a "southern gentleman" who made it clear that anyone north of Atlanta was "nothin but a GD Yankee".   That was quite a revelation how far South , north was.  LOL. 

Well I consider myself a Connecticut Yankee and not the New York plural one...haha

• Like 1

2 hours ago, GUARDLING said:

I have a few homes, including a place in Florida and many say Florida is not the south or at least Southern:smile:

Have a home in Northport and most of the neighbors speak French/Canadian if that's a language. Nice people just need to see their libs moving to understand their English. The lines are certainly blurred in the south these days. 

Going down next month at gunpoint by the wife. I don't like to travel unless horns & drums are involved. Making a big thing out of BOA this year so we come back early, how evil. She does not know me as Bluzes so I am safe telling you.

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, GUARDLING said:

it really depends upon what part of Florida one is referring to. " Many " in the Panhandle, absolutely consider themselves in " the South " and as " Southerners ".  Just 35% of the current residents of Florida were born in the state, most were born outside of the state. A large segment of the non native born Floridians that live in the large swarth of Florida, from Tallahassee over to Penscacola and westward, migrated to there from southern states. They consider themselves in " the South " there and as " Southerners " as much as Alabamans do, their states neighbors. Once one goes South of Tampa on the West Coast, Gulf Coast the region is inhabited by Germany born, New Englanders, Midwestern born for the most part. On the Atlantic side, from Cape Canaveral to Fort Lauderdale, its inhabited by Europeans, NY/ NJ former residents in many cases. They do not consider themselves " southerners ", and are not. Miami is a different, diverse City unto itself. It is neither " Southern " nor " Northern ".  Time Magazine in 2001 referred to the hugely Cosmopolitan City of Miami as " The Capital of Latin America ". Many of its  Miami residents here in 2018 would probably agree.

Edited by BRASSO
  • Like 2

On 8/16/2018 at 10:50 AM, Den8uml said:

I'm surprised that Blue Stars and Blue Knights are baked in at 8 & 9 on almost everyone's list!  Things were tight for a while in that pack and the talent levels are similar for many corps.  I think it's a toss up for them, plus the next group which included Crossmen, Spirit, Mandarins, & Phantom .  i'd include Madison  and maybe Academy as well. Which ever of these groups have the best start to the season with a good design and consistent captions will jump ahead. Madison could easily be at the top of this group with a solid show rebound year.

I'm sure with staff changes and all new shows, we will have a reshuffled 8-15 for next season and it will be really exciting!

Thats an improvement on last years out of finals and 11/12 for the two.  They are the annual groups to drop for a fan favorite to move up normally so I'll take it.

8 minutes ago, BlueStainGlass said:

Crossmen, Spirit, Mandarins, & Phantom .  i'd include Madison  and maybe Academy as well.

Edited by Bluzes
delete

Just now, Bluzes said:

Are the Troopers that far out of contention? A lot of us would like to see them in a higher grouping. Always heard that it was hard to get good staff in Casper, was that a bad rumor? Seems other corps startups (new cities)  don't have that problem and are already ahead of them.

I dont know what you are talking about.  I referenced Blue Stars and Blue knights :laughing: