2019 Predictions!

;Prediction for 2019 :...  DCI Corps Show Designers will take into strong consideration for their Show Designs for 2019 elements in the construct that judges ( particularly GE, Visual Design judges ) are seemingly increasingly rewarding these days now over other elements. For example, I would predict we'll see far less end zone to end zone field coverages ( horizontal ) in drill designs, and more show designs that principally (over 80% ) that will take place front and center and within the 35 yard lines.  I'll predict more Corps thus going more vertical, and more heightened, than horizontal and field exansive in drill constructs. We've see this evolution the last couple of seasons, and I predict they'll be more of it.

Also, I'll predict less singers being utilized in shows on the whole for  2019. Corps than have won, or placed runnersup, have not utilized singers in their DCI Championships contending shows of late.

Edited by BRASSO

Okay, trying my hand at this as I've never done it before and this could be interesting 😛

@OhioBoy_99, I'm using your template - thanks!

1. Blue Devils- BD will do what BD does and I know a few too many kids at BD to be anything less than slightly bias 😛

2. Santa Clara Vanguard - They've unlocked the magic & figured out what it takes to get to the top.  They'll stay close by, but with slight changes & still riding the high from 2018, they'll slip just a notch.  I think it will be a close one between these two!

3. Boston - Let's just say they're about to go Super Saiyan!  With talent returning & the ability to sift through & add additional talent to their lines, they're sound will be incredible.  Add to that the determination of their staff and you've got "Kamehameha!!"  

4. Bluecoats - With the change in rules regarding max prop height & harness/railing requirements, Bluecoats are going to have to dig deep.  Their sound will be epic Bluecoats, but their larger than life shows will have to be re-imagined & could take a bit to solidify.

5. Carolina Crown - With very little vet retention, they will likely field a young corps this year.  Add to that design issues & prop restrictions, they could fall a bit.  This is just a blip in their history, they are Crown & will rise again.

6. The Cavaliers - They are on to something they just haven't quite unlocked yet.  Will we see a tip of the hat to the old school Green Machine of the past?  

7. The Cadets - They remain steady during their healing & rebuilding phase.  Talent remains loyal to them & it will be interesting to see what their design staff is able to do as "free birds".  Whatever it is, I hope they still get free Zebra Cakes during tour!

8. Blue Stars - They are hungry & ready to start their journey up!  With an incredible talent pool (seriously though...) from some very successful audition camps & a unique sense of design, Blue Stars will continue to surprise & delight us.  I hear something nutty is going on over there!

9. Blue Knights - Similar to Phantom, BK seems to be dangerously close to heading for a plateau.  With a renewed sense of focus & design that stays true to their traditions, they could easily overcome it.  If they focus on guard recruitment, they should be okay.  

10-12. Arguably the hardest to pick!

10. Phantom Regiment - All I ask is PLEASE, no guard uniforms that blend them with the field.  Oy!  Phantom may have a hard time keeping up, but Brad & his team can pull some great sounds out of any brass line.  

11. Crossmen - Improve a little from last season. Still good brass sound (I like it, so I won't change it)

12. Spirit of Atlanta - Baby Blue!!!  They sounded incredible last year & likely have what it takes to make that leap in to finals.  Spot #12 seems to be the magic spot to slip in at, so it's possible for them.  Things are silent out of SOA so far as I've seen though, so no all-in quite yet.

FInals Contenders: , The Academy, Madison Scouts, Mandarins

• Like 4

On ‎1‎/‎22‎/‎2019 at 5:09 PM, DCIat14 said:

Okay, trying my hand at this as I've never done it before and this could be interesting 😛

@OhioBoy_99, I'm using your template - thanks!

1. Blue Devils- BD will do what BD does and I know a few too many kids at BD to be anything less than slightly bias 😛

2. Santa Clara Vanguard - They've unlocked the magic & figured out what it takes to get to the top.  They'll stay close by, but with slight changes & still riding the high from 2018, they'll slip just a notch.  I think it will be a close one between these two!

3. Boston - Let's just say they're about to go Super Saiyan!  With talent returning & the ability to sift through & add additional talent to their lines, they're sound will be incredible.  Add to that the determination of their staff and you've got "Kamehameha!!"  

4. Bluecoats - With the change in rules regarding max prop height & harness/railing requirements, Bluecoats are going to have to dig deep.  Their sound will be epic Bluecoats, but their larger than life shows will have to be re-imagined & could take a bit to solidify.

5. Carolina Crown - With very little vet retention, they will likely field a young corps this year.  Add to that design issues & prop restrictions, they could fall a bit.  This is just a blip in their history, they are Crown & will rise again.

6. The Cavaliers - They are on to something they just haven't quite unlocked yet.  Will we see a tip of the hat to the old school Green Machine of the past?  

7. The Cadets - They remain steady during their healing & rebuilding phase.  Talent remains loyal to them & it will be interesting to see what their design staff is able to do as "free birds".  Whatever it is, I hope they still get free Zebra Cakes during tour!

8. Blue Stars - They are hungry & ready to start their journey up!  With an incredible talent pool (seriously though...) from some very successful audition camps & a unique sense of design, Blue Stars will continue to surprise & delight us.  I hear something nutty is going on over there!

9. Blue Knights - Similar to Phantom, BK seems to be dangerously close to heading for a plateau.  With a renewed sense of focus & design that stays true to their traditions, they could easily overcome it.  If they focus on guard recruitment, they should be okay.  

10-12. Arguably the hardest to pick!

10. Phantom Regiment - All I ask is PLEASE, no guard uniforms that blend them with the field.  Oy!  Phantom may have a hard time keeping up, but Brad & his team can pull some great sounds out of any brass line.  

11. Crossmen - Improve a little from last season. Still good brass sound (I like it, so I won't change it)

12. Spirit of Atlanta - Baby Blue!!!  They sounded incredible last year & likely have what it takes to make that leap in to finals.  Spot #12 seems to be the magic spot to slip in at, so it's possible for them.  Things are silent out of SOA so far as I've seen though, so no all-in quite yet.

FInals Contenders: , The Academy, Madison Scouts, Mandarins

I almost would rather go with yours than mine 🤣

I’ve been out of the loop for the past few years... but I’d love to see a new face in the top 3 hoping to see Boston, Blue Stars make a surge. I’m certain Boston will improve this coming season,  but am uncertain what it will take Blue Stars to break that top 8 threshold. That being said - I don’t yet feel qualified to make an adequate prediction based on my lack of involvement as of late.

Edited by BrassFan17

41 minutes ago, George Dixon said:

wise - it always seems to work out well for you!

havent been wrong yet

• Haha 1