2019 Predictions!

1 hour ago, queenanne_1536 said:

I think the best we can hope for out of the Cadets is 6th. I think it's going to take years, or a decade or more, if they ever return to the top 3.

Hoppy is that you? :spitting:

• Like 1
  • Haha 6

2 hours ago, George Dixon said:

Hoppy is that you? :spitting:

Hahaha. No, it's someone being realistic. They've hit hard times (well hard times for them). Look how long it took SCV to bounce back the last time they fell out of the top 3 (2004). It took 13 years to get back into the top 3. Cavies fell out after 2011 and still haven't gotten back in. Regiment fell out after 2012 and the downward trend continues. It's not easy, not by any stretch. It fact, it's way harder today that it was in the 80s, 90s, or 00s. 

They won't challenge SCV, Bloo, Crown, Boston or BD this year. That leaves only the Cavies. Their best shot is 6th. Will love it if I am wrong, but don't think so.

Edited by queenanne_1536

50 minutes ago, queenanne_1536 said:

Hahaha. No, it's someone being realistic. They've hit hard times (well hard times for them). Look how long it took SCV to bounce back the last time they fell out of the top 3 (2004). It took 13 years to get back into the top 3. Cavies fell out after 2011 and still haven't gotten back in. Regiment fell out after 2012 and the downward trend continues. It's not easy, not by any stretch. It fact, it's way harder today that it was in the 80s, 90s, or 00s. 

They won't challenge SCV, Bloo, Crown, Boston or BD this year. That leaves only the Cavies. Their best shot is 6th. Will love it if I am wrong, but don't think so.

We all agree it isn't going to be easy - the competition is tough. 

5 hours ago, Ediker said:

Have a gut feeling that Cadets' percussion is maturing and will turn some (more) heads this season.

I think Cadets everything is maturing. Regardless of placement I love the team they have right now and I'm super excited to see what they put out with some actual time to develop their product. They really made some lemonade with lemons that could have been very bitter otherwise.

• Like 4

20 hours ago, George Dixon said:

We all agree it isn't going to be easy - the competition is tough. 

Yeah, much tougher these days. I miss the days were corps could really jump up or fall down many places season-to-season. I think BAC 2016-2017 is a rarity we will likely never see again.

On 2/8/2019 at 7:49 AM, Ediker said:

Have a gut feeling that Cadets' percussion is maturing and will turn some (more) heads this season.

Yea and they are coming West this year. Their snare tech is  Allan Aungst so.... watch out.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, flammaster said:

Yea and they are coming West this year. Their snare tech is  Allan Aungst so.... watch out.

only going as far as Denver at last posting of the schedule. Alan is bringing his mummy and daddy too plus Jake Gall and Lee Beddis. That's a lot of energy and A(u)ngst.

Edited by xandandl
  • Like 2

Blue. Devils : Reinvent themselves (as only they can do) for the Gold

SCV : Almost!

BAC : Another year and yet another step closer to the ultimate goal (destiny) 

Bluecoats : Great show but the competition was just so strong 

Crown : Class and more class 

Anticipating a fantastic year of drum corps. Can't wait!

• Like 2