2019 Predictions!

2 hours ago, Fran Haring said:

Channeling your inner Jeff Ream here...  :laughing:

I thought it was the corps with the highest score wins or some <bleep> like that...haha

2 hours ago, Fran Haring said:

Channeling your inner Jeff Ream here...  :laughing:

close, but he did not infringe upon the trademark so he's safe. He just needs to be sure the Bahstahn contingent in Pineville brings me chowdah

32 minutes ago, Liahona said:

I thought it was the corps with the highest score wins or some <bleep> like that...haha

the corps with the highest score after all captions are totaled using whatever system DCI is using this year is added together after averages, and after any penalties are subtracted wins

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

23 minutes ago, Jeff Ream said:

the corps with the highest score after all captions are totaled using whatever system DCI is using this year is added together after averages, and after any penalties are subtracted wins

You could have maybe simply shortened your answer from 31 words to 4 words ..... " Typically, the Blue Devils".:biggrin:

Edited by BRASSO
  • Haha 4

12 hours ago, karuna said:

Your wording was fine.  You can be better and not place higher.  Those things that separate 5 from 4  are far more difficult to attain than the things that separate 5 from 10.  

Well sort of, and believe me I was kind of poking a little,  in a fun way.  At least that was my intention.  However by the words we use; he did say “rise”, not get better.  

10 hours ago, BRASSO said:

You could have maybe simply shortened your answer from 31 words to 4 words ..... " Typically, the Blue Devils".:biggrin:

maybe recently, but they'd have to have I'd say 65% of the possible titles out there for it to truly be statistically accurate. 

5 hours ago, Jeff Ream said:

maybe recently, but they'd have to have I'd say 65% of the possible titles out there for it to truly be statistically accurate. 

Well, you’d logically base a prediction on recently, right?  And since the end of the Cavaliers 15 year run in 2006, BD has won 7 of the last 12. 58%. Pretty dominant. And, in this 12 years, no other corps has won more than once. 

So, I would pick BD in 2019. 

2 hours ago, HockeyDad said:

Well, you’d logically base a prediction on recently, right?  And since the end of the Cavaliers 15 year run in 2006, BD has won 7 of the last 12. 58%. Pretty dominant. And, in this 12 years, no other corps has won more than once. 

So, I would pick BD in 2019. 

And also 2020, based on the alternating once/twice pattern in your sample, and then 2021 will have to be a corps other than Devils, Phantom, Cadets, Crown, Coats, or Vanguard.  

Perhaps it will be

19 - Devils

20 - Devils

21 - Cavaliers

22 - Devils

23 - Boston

24 - Devils

25 - Devils

26 should be an interesting year.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, skevinp said:

And also 2020, based on the alternating once/twice pattern in your sample, and then 2021 will have to be a corps other than Devils, Phantom, Cadets, Crown, Coats, or Vanguard.  

Perhaps it will be

19 - Devils

20 - Devils

21 - Cavaliers

22 - Devils

23 - Boston

24 - Devils

25 - Devils

26 should be an interesting year.

Sorry, I can’t wait until 2023 for a Boston Crusaders title, and I’m only a fan. I know those at BAC can’t wait that long either.😊

• Like 1