2019 Predictions!

7 hours ago, Ediker said:

Agree.  SCV has been on a steady course since their precipitous drop in 2005.  There is nothing erratic or lucky about their climb back to the top.  

uh i'll say since Devils Staircase

• Like 1

13 hours ago, queenanne_1536 said:

I knew in 2013 that they were just a heartbeat from getting back into championship form, but these days a heartbeat in DCI is years. 

So true.  They were excellent for so long before the placements reflected it.

13 hours ago, queenanne_1536 said:

Of course. Had Bluecoats beaten BD at finals last year I would not have argued otherwise. They are SO close. I loved their show last year. I’m really hoping that it’s a slug out between SCV, Bloo and BD. But, Bloo has some work to do, caption wise, to make that happen.

These three truly delivered in 2018.  Brought the audiences somewhere new.  There will be no laying back in 2019... Corps 4-7 all have a path upwards!

On 3/29/2019 at 12:56 PM, Ediker said:

Your 6-year pattern is convincing! 

One thing that separates Crown from the others is that their 15-year Finals, year-over-year, placement change is the 3rd least volatile (behind Blue Devils and Blue Knights).  Combined with their 3rd highest average placement, it would be surprising for them to place 7th or lower.  Phantom and Cadets are among the most volatile.  Cavies has been about average.  

I haven't done the math myself and I definitely agree on Phantoms placement being volatile over many years but I am wondering what the Cadets volatility looks like from 01-15 and the Cavies from 96-11 each the year before they dropped.

Very interesting on BK. It's easy to forget how consistent their finals placement is. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, ThePlanets said:

I haven't done the math myself and I definitely agree on Phantoms placement being volatile over many years but I am wondering what the Cadets volatility looks like from 01-15 and the Cavies from 96-11 each the year before they dropped.

Very interesting on BK. It's easy to forget how consistent their finals placement is. 

I might add in the Madison Scouts as having pretty significant placement volatility movements from year to year in some stretches of their DCI years as well. When they are down placement wise , historically they have shown the capacity to rebound, and in some cases with a pretty significant placement movement. They went from 6th in '87 to DCI Title winner the next season in '88 ( but dropped again to 7th in '89 ).

The Madison Scouts went from 14th in 2002, to 8th in 2003 ( 6 placement improvement in 1 season ).... 9th in 2006, to 15th in 2007 ( another placement movement of 6 places in one season, but this time downward ). Madison also had 5 placement movements ( upward ) year over end, in 2009 ( 15th ), 2010 ( 10th ).... and again ( downward ) in 2015 ( 8th ), 2016 ( 13th ). Lots of volatility here, imo.

Madison Scouts finished 16th last season. I sense a potential rebound coming from them given their history. But... who really knows. Only time will tell.

• Like 3

20 hours ago, BRASSO said:

I might add in the Madison Scouts as having pretty significant placement volatility movements from year to year in some stretches of their DCI years as well. When they are down placement wise , historically they have shown the capacity to rebound, and in some cases with a pretty significant placement movement. They went from 6th in '87 to DCI Title winner the next season in '88 ( but dropped again to 7th in '89 ).

The Madison Scouts went from 14th in 2002, to 8th in 2003 ( 6 placement improvement in 1 season ).... 9th in 2006, to 15th in 2007 ( another placement movement of 6 places in one season, but this time downward ). Madison also had 5 placement movements ( upward ) year over end, in 2009 ( 15th ), 2010 ( 10th ).... and again ( downward ) in 2015 ( 8th ), 2016 ( 13th ). Lots of volatility here, imo.

Madison Scouts finished 16th last season. I sense a potential rebound coming from them given their history. But... who really knows. Only time will tell.

Behold the amazing extra sensory perception of Brasso 🙂  

RUH9LAd.png

21 hours ago, BRASSO said:

You forgot 1973.  Which in DCI terms is pretty much “land before time.”  Nonetheless pretty darned impressive. 14th to 4th.  I think. 

• Like 1