2019 Predictions!

1 hour ago, BRASSO said:

Perhaps so. Then there's DCP poster Bruckner's Competitive Inertia Theory ( that so far holds true ) that states that before a Corps can win a DCI Title, they must first medal. Would like to see some Corps debunk that Theory of his some day in the future too.

Do you have a corps in mind? Perhaps a corps from New England? 😉

Edited by Jurassic Lancer
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

19 minutes ago, Jurassic Lancer said:

Do you have a corps in mind? Perhaps a corps from New England? 😉

That would be something, Jurassic Lancer:thumbup:

• Like 1

59 minutes ago, BRASSO said:

Honestly, I would be ecstatic!

• Like 2

I'm also looking to see if the Mandarins and Music City can keep their momentum going after last season's well received shows. I think they both will. We'll see though

• Like 3

I'm excited to see what MCDC puts out this year too.  They've been super enjoyable with their shows the past few years.

• Like 3

15 hours ago, BRASSO said:

With Boston's design team now in their 3rd year of a five year contract and the organization's fundraising acumen continuing to enhance the corps' financial strength every year, there is no reason to think the upward trajectory won't continue as well.  As for when and if they might win, I'm not sure past history of other corps necessarily is indicative of their potential.  Indeed, while the Star of Indiana experience is an interesting comparison,  the high command in Hyde Park (BOD) has more than 500 years of combined drum corps experience.  They are absolutely in this for the long haul.  I am convinced that a World Championship is only a matter of time.

• Like 3

I think there are probably a lot of fans, young and especially old timers, who'd love to see a Boston championship in the very near future. They've certainly paid their dues. 

• Like 7

2 hours ago, OldSnareDrummer said:

I think there are probably a lot of fans, young and especially old timers, who'd love to see a Boston championship in the very near future. They've certainly paid their dues. 

I remember the overwhelming love and support just seeing them get into finals FINALLY in 1999, and then of course 2000 making the top 5.

• Like 2

On 3/31/2019 at 7:07 AM, ThePlanets said:

I haven't done the math myself and I definitely agree on Phantoms placement being volatile over many years but I am wondering what the Cadets volatility looks like from 01-15 and the Cavies from 96-11 each the year before they dropped.

Very interesting on BK. It's easy to forget how consistent their finals placement is. 

Both BK and PR have been on a steady downward trend (PR since 2012) and BK since 2015.

PR: 2012 3rd, 2013 6th, 2014 7th, 2015 7th, 2016 8th, 2017 9th, 2018 11th. 

BK 2015 6th, 2016 7th, 2017 8th, 2018 9th.

To me, that's not consistent. That's an alarming downward trend. PR much more so than BK. I really thought BK was going to climb after 2014-2016. Those were great programs, and some of their most interesting, exciting and entertaining. 2017 and 2018 not so much (for me). However, I still don't know what to expect from BK. Sometimes you have to go backwards to take a bigger step forward, but have they taken too many steps backwards?

Regiment, I haven't seen anything from the off season that would make be believe they are going to far better in 2019 than 2018. It's too bad.