2019 Predictions!

2 hours ago, kkrepps said:

Many organizations will incorporate amplification for their hornlines into the shows this year

Some will actually NOT wear traditional Drum Corps uniforms and headgear

There will be at least one trombone spotted on the field before the season is over

Some fan somewhere at some point will insinuate that judging is rigged in favor of the Blue Devils

A drum corps host will do or say something awkward and/or embarrassing during a show this year

Some fan somewhere might just yell out “They were born ready” thinking they were clever in coining that phrase. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 5

1 hour ago, Fran Haring said:

Wow... good question!!!

I announced every DCA Finals from 1983 through 2016, with the exception of 2008 when my wife Barbara was ill and we could not make the trip to Rochester... so that covers a bit of ground. LOL. 

Prelims many of those years... 1983 through 2006 consecutively... missed three (2007, 2008, 2010) due to Barbara's health situation... and in 2011 DCA took me off prelims from then on out.  Story for another day, and to keep my blood pressure in check I'd rather not share it in public.  :tongue:  Feel free to PM me if you're that curious.  LOL.

Well you caught 4 for me and I'm sure I'm one of the lower numbers. Plus if you did any DCI that would add a few seasons.

19 minutes ago, Brian Tuma said:

Some fan somewhere might just yell out “They were born ready” thinking they were clever in coining that phrase. 

Im gonna have to try to sucker Britt into yelling "We're always ready!" for BK at Atlanta this year just to watch people turn around and stare at her. She won't know any better. Muahahahahaha

• Haha 3

Just now, Weaklefthand4ever said:

Well you caught 4 for me and I'm sure I'm one of the lower numbers. Plus if you did any DCI that would add a few seasons.

I worked nearly all of the DCI shows that YEA ran in the 1990s... and then a few more in the 2000s.

Also DCI East the two years it was in Philly, 2001-02... and DCI Central in Michigan, 2004.

And the combo DCI/DCA gigs in Hershey, PA... 1992-2005.

Don't know if you fit in there anywere.  LOL.

3 hours ago, kkrepps said:

Many organizations will incorporate amplification for their hornlines into the shows this year

More "Is it live, or is it Memorex?" moments.  :laughing:

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Just now, Fran Haring said:

worked nearly all of the DCI shows that YEA ran in the 1990s... and then a few more in the 2000s.

Also DCI East the two years it was in Philly, 2001-02... and DCI Central in Michigan, 2004.

And the combo DCI/DCA gigs in Hershey, PA... 1992-2005.

Don't know if you fit in there anywere.  LOL.

A little after my time for DCI. I took a 15 year hiatus between DCI and DCA. In fact, I didn't even know about DCA until 2004.

9 minutes ago, Weaklefthand4ever said:

A little after my time for DCI. I took a 15 year hiatus between DCI and DCA. In fact, I didn't even know about DCA until 2004.

Me neither.  :tongue:

Seriously... I had early exposure to DCA, going back to 1971, since our local-circuit junior corps' brass arranger during that time was John Arietano of the Sunrisers (he's the main reason I and a number of folks from NJ ended up with Sun)... and my brother-in-law marched with the Hawthorne Caballeros in 1972 and '73. 

A friend marched with DCA's Westshoremen in 1995-96, after a hiatus from corps of about 25 years or so.  So, like in your case, it can happen!!!

Edited by Fran Haring

4 hours ago, Brian Tuma said:

Some fan (specifically myself) will say "The Cavaliers already won".... 🙂 lol ok, this might be the last time I'll say it. But no promises!

• Haha 5