2019 Predictions!

15 hours ago, fatbrassboy said:

Yep, all old Regiment staff. Too bad PR couldn't keep 'em.

Yeah, Vanguard 2017-2019 really showcases what a massive loss that was for Regiment.

Edited by queenanne_1536
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, cfirwin3 said:

So far... I would only flip Boston and Crown for sure.  I think the actual gap between Boston and Crown is wider than the gap between Cavies and BD... and I think we will see it soon (Boston is not contending for a medal but the rest are).  Boston's guard is going to help the GE winner lock in the first spot (if SCV starts sharing captions... otherwise Vanguard is looking pretty comfortable after only one read).

I might be compelled to put Cavies below Crown, but they put up a good fight in some important captions last night... so it's unclear to me.

In a bit of a contradiction, Crown could be as high as 2nd but I don't see Cavies higher than 3rd (that's assuming that Crown is actually as competitive with Bloo as the judges said they were... and assuming that Crown may win brass at the big dance).

But I feel pretty good about those top 3 spots right now.

SCV is playing the domination game again... which I expected.  So unless we find out that Crown or Bloo pushes them on Brass, GE or a combination of the 2... They are the same organization that ended last season... coming back for more.

I think BD is in an era now where 4 or 5 corps are technically as well rounded as they are.  BD hasn't suffered a bit, they just have a lot more company where they are at.

NOTE: Please don't give me some line about how early it is, how first reads are not the best reads, or how these shows are more than half the continent apart.  This is a prediction thread and I am merely playing the game with the limited but real data that we have. 😉

You make a lot of good points, but I'm going to go with.

1. SCV

2. BD/Crown

3. Crown/BD

4. Bluecoats

5. Cavies

6. Boston

But, otherwise, I think we are pretty much in line. We just differ on Crown and Bluecoats. 

Note: Please don't give me that line about how early it is, how first reads on not best reads, you and I are right. Well, one of us is going to be more right depending on Crown/Bluecoats/BD but even though there's only be one show, it's already in motion.

Just now, queenanne_1536 said:

You make a lot of good points, but I'm going to go with.

1. SCV

2. BD/Crown

3. Crown/BD

4. Bluecoats

5. Cavies

6. Boston

But, otherwise, I think we are pretty much in line. We just differ on Crown and Bluecoats. 

Note: Please don't give me that line about how early it is, how first reads on not best reads, you and I are right. Well, one of us is going to be more right depending on Crown/Bluecoats/BD but even though there's only be one show, it's already in motion.

You are prognosticating a bit more than I am, as you are projecting movement that has no reference of trend... yet.

But I can see that coming out.  I really doubt Bluecoats will miss on a medal due to their GE value and no apparent holes in their composition/execution.

1 minute ago, cfirwin3 said:

You are prognosticating a bit more than I am, as you are projecting movement that has no reference of trend... yet.

But I can see that coming out.  I really doubt Bluecoats will miss on a medal due to their GE value and no apparent holes in their composition/execution.

I am. Definitely. Haha. As of right now, I honestly don't know what to think of Bluecoats. I really love the music. I'm just not sure about the visual design. For me, there is just way too many props on the field and it just comes across as cluttered and overdone. It looks messy. This one is going to take many more viewings, I think, to appreciate as a whole, if I ever do.

Of course, what I'm saying is based on where things are now and where I expect them to lead. This time in 2015, I would have never thought Crown would make top 3 and look what happened.

I do know I will be listening to Bluecoats a lot, and they are doing something that I love the most - teaching me. I have never really explored the Beatles. Time to change that. So, I love IT when this activity helps me grow. But, this is going to trigger my OCD in a bad way, because I can never do anything just a bit. I'll buy a Beatles album, listen to it, and then buy their entire catalogue. Well, maybe. But, I love when drum corps opens up a new passion in me.

• Like 2

Pretty clear top 6 separation, not just scores, I feel like that is apparent just watching the shows.  Baring a really good Blue Knights (which I think we are due for).   Haven’t had a chance to see them yet.

With a really good Spirit of Atlanta, Colts, and/or Madison’s Scouts that fight for 12th could be an absolute blood bath.  I think The Academy is in that conversation right now.  

Edited by DrumManTx
  • Like 1

here is how I see the groupings, based on what I have seen & heard

1-3 BD, SCV, Bluecoats

4-6 Crown, Cavaliers, Boston

7-11 Mandarins, Cadets, Blue Stars, Crossmen, Blue Knights

12- 14 Phantom, Spirit, Academy

15-18  Colts. Scouts, Troopers, Music City

19-20   Pacific Crest, Genesis

21-22  Cascades, Surf

23 minutes ago, DrumManTx said:

Pretty clear top 6 separation, not just scores, I feel like that is apparent just watching the shows.  Baring a really good Blue Knights (which I think we are due for).   Haven’t had a chance to see them yet.

With a really good Spirit of Atlanta, Colts, and/or Madison’s Scouts that fight for 12th could be an absolute blood bath.  

Oh for sure! Very clear on the top six. From that group of six four have the potential for more growth and development which will be interesting as the season progresses. 

Now that next six grouping is a bit muddled and could be the most interesting ever in history. Will Scout’s find their way back into finals? SOA could as well. Never know what to expect from BK. Colts might be taking things more seriously and could be in the mix. X-MEN is always a flip of a coin. Music City seems to be ready too. 

Will PR drop off the list of 12? Cadets are obviously not the Cadets of years past, 7th is not a guarantee. 

Would love to see some old new faces on the list of 12. So who wants to be at the Queens Ball?  We shall see! 

Edited by Poppycock
  • Like 2

Just now, Poppycock said:

Oh for sure! Very clear on the top six. From that group of six four have the potential for more growth and development which will be interesting as the season progresses. 

Now that next six grouping is a bit muddled and could be the most interesting ever in history. Will Scouts find their way back into finals? SOA could as well. Never know what to expect from BK. Colts might be taking things more seriously and could be in the mix. X-MEN is always a flip of a coin. Music City seems to be ready too. 

Will PR drop off the list of 12? Cadets are obviously not the Cadets of years past, 7th is not a guarantee. 

Would love to see some old new faces on the list of 12. So who wants to be at the Queens Ball?  We shall see! 

Out of curiosity which four of the top 6 do you think have potential for growth? Because right now it looks like all six of them do.

• Like 1