Interesting occurrence at I&E this year

1 hour ago, KVG_DC said:

I had assumed so. If this was an artificial indictment, then yeah again I’m less enamored of it. 

I felt I answered the questions except perhaps the “where does it stop?”  I’d add to what I’ve said, it should stop if it’s not something directly part of the activity. An anti Trump or Obama thing wouldn’t really have a place in my view. This does. 

As for “going home” I’m at a rally in town to counter the actual Nazis here today. Sorry if that  means I can’t engage you as fully as you want right now. I get the sense you’re not fully considering my points either. Which is why I tend to avoid discussing these things with strangers on the internet. 

I'm considering your points so much to the point that I'm asking you follow up questions.  I mean....how could you possibly make that claim?  Just because I disagree with you doesn't mean I'm not listening or attacking.  Just explain yourself.  

And so far you've somehow managed to bring up that you are a minister and are fighting nazis today.  I get it--you're a good guy, but that doesn't make a difference in this discussion.  Why do we need to announce our credentials here?  

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, CD23 said:

You don't see the can of worms that you're opening by being so vague? Who's to decide what's relevant or not?  You could think of plenty of political topics and justify relevance in DCI.  Why do you WANT that to be part of I&E? Again, the topic discussed by this Music City individual is not what I have a problem with.  I&E is just not the place for it. Like I asked earlier, if you are ok with this, then why wouldn't you be ok with people making political speeches in between (or during) corps performances?

There are so many other mediums this person could have chosen that would have reached more people than I&E.  Nothing significant will have come from this -- so why make this a part of the activity?

No I don't. It's I&E. It is simply a platform for members to display their artistic talents. The music city admin clearly didn't have an issue with it so why do you? 

I'm not here to argue irrelevant hypotheticals. You reek of whataboutism. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

1 minute ago, Cappybara said:

No I don't. It's I&E. It is simply a platform for members to display their artistic talents. The music city admin clearly didn't have an issue with it so why do you? 

I'm not here to argue irrelevant hypotheticals. You reek of whataboutism. 

It doesn't matter if they Music City administration didn't have a problem with it --- I can guarantee you there are other admins from other corps who did.  It's ok for me to disagree. 

And here you go again trying to decide what's relevant or not, all while not being able to justify your own points of view.  

"I don't like your question so I'm not going to answer it"

Does anyone know if he was cut off and disqualified or if he was disqualified after the fact? 

• Thanks 1

Just now, CD23 said:

It doesn't matter if they Music City administration didn't have a problem with it --- I can guarantee you there are other admins from other corps who did.  It's ok for me to disagree. 

And here you go again trying to decide what's relevant or not, all while not being able to justify your own points of view.  

"I don't like your question so I'm not going to answer it"

Not sure why you feel entitled to being given a response to every single question you ask. I don't see a point in answering questions about hypotheticals that are likely not to ever occur.

Whataboutism is a horrible trend that's come up to make people feel like their points are any more valid if they introduce ridiculous hypothetical situations to it

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Cappybara said:

Not sure why you feel entitled to being given a response to every single question you ask. I don't see a point in answering questions about hypotheticals that are likely not to ever occur.

Whataboutism is a horrible trend that's come up to make people feel like their points are any more valid if they introduce ridiculous hypothetical situations to it

You are posting your opinion on a message board.  I can respond.  But if you want to discuss --- there has to be a back and forth.  You're just ignoring the points I'm brining up while continuing to vaguely restate yours.  I'm not entitled --- just quit talking if you're done.  Don't get all upset that you are being challenged. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Brian Tuma said:

I don’t mind people protesting, just do it in a way that doesn’t make me uncomfortable!                Smh

Very much reminds me of those who complain about NFL players peacefully protesting during the anthem. So stupid

• Like 7

3 minutes ago, Brian Tuma said:

I don’t mind people protesting, just do it in a way that doesn’t make me uncomfortable!                Smh

Nobody said that. 

Some of you struggle pretty hard to follow a simple discussion.