Interesting occurrence at I&E this year

It's all about tone, my friend. I hope you re-read your posts and realize how you are coming across to others instead of continually blaming others for how they are responding to you. It's not semantics, it's much more than that. I'm really trying to be helpful and not combative, but it's clear that you are not taking that as such.

Peace.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, JimF-LowBari said:

Oh I’ve seen statements like that on other social media and people were stating it as a fact. IOW you can never tell for sure unless someone spells it out 

I'm fine with trying to be more careful with my words in the future.  I'm new to this message forum business. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, CD23 said:

I'm fine with trying to be more careful with my words in the future.  I'm new to this message forum business. 

Not a problem... a problem would be a response of blasting someone for not being able to read your mind. Which I’ve seen ugh 

Edited by JimF-LowBari
  • Thanks 1

Yah.  My tone sucks at points looking back.  One of the reasons I'd rather do this sort of discussion in person where you can actually see who you're talking with than the 'strangers on an internet' sort of thing.  

Nevertheless, good discussion today.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

11 hours ago, Cappybara said:

I saw this on Reddit but apparently a member of Music City performed a vocal solo at I&E this year.

What was the vocal solo you may ask? George Hopkins' indictment :spitting:

The member was DQ'd for breaking the code of conduct and apparently Dan Acheson is not pleased with the Music City admin for allowing the member to read it out

I wanna give that MC member a medal

What a stupid thing to do. ThIs MC member should be banned from competing in I&E again, & MC should be fined or penalized.

3 minutes ago, FlamMan said:

What a stupid thing to do. ThIs MC member should be banned from competing in I&E again, & MC should be fined or penalized.

So should we listen to the reason why the member did this if we are given the chance or just ban and reasons be ######.?

13 minutes ago, JimF-LowBari said:

So should we listen to the reason why the member did this if we are given the chance or just ban and reasons be ######.?

What is reason & the rationale for her doing this?

4 minutes ago, FlamMan said:

What is reason & the rationale for her doing this?

I don't know, that is why I want to hear it before I say ban her, fine them and bleep them all....

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, JimF-LowBari said:

I don't know, that is why I want to hear it before I say ban her, fine them and bleep them all....

What reason would justify her doing this? For God sakes, have some respect for the activity...& yourself.

11 hours ago, CD23 said:

KVG/Cappybara,

You are missing my argument.  Where do you draw the line? If you are saying this is ok, then you must then be ok with a wide variety of topics.  Tell me where that line is drawn, and why do you want this sort of thing happening at an I&E event?  

Here’s the thing from the kids today that are out there:

theres not a or a lot of trust dci is doing what they need to be doing as stuff has cropped up on Reddit and other places. Kids feel that dci and the leaders only care about $$$. 

Edited by Jeff Ream
  • Like 1