Interesting occurrence at I&E this year

3 minutes ago, George Dixon said:

Pretty clear we wil just have to agree to disagree

my take on this is that it was silly at best

That opinion will work for me. The "narcissistic " slam along with others here going after the lady's character just bugged me. 

Edited by JimF-LowBari
  • Like 2

One question that I don't think has been asked: did Music City know this was going to happen? Did the staff give their blessing?

When I marched, everyone who wanted to perform in I&E needed to "audition" for the respective caption heads. I won't be surprised if this is a global DCI guideline.

IF MC knew what was going to happen, and gave their blessing ... a part of me can understand why Dan A. would be sort of P.O'd. IF the kid had something else planned and was inspired to go off-script ... different story.

Either way: I love that we follow an activity that pays lip service to remarkable young people expressing themselves, but the instant something goes off script, people freak out.

Edited by ShutUpAndPlayYerGuitar
grammar
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Just now, CD23 said:

I keep hearing it was a male via Reddit.  

Ok thought I read female somewhere so will just use mm. 

Thought that just hit me if this was meant to be a protest. Protesting something and no one notices is wasted effort. Well DCI noticed this one.

• Like 3

7 minutes ago, JimF-LowBari said:

Ok thought I read female somewhere so will just use mm. 

Thought that just hit me if this was meant to be a protest. Protesting something and no one notices is wasted effort. Well DCI noticed this one.

The ones that get noticed are always the ones that get under some people's skins the most as we can see from this thread 

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Bluzes said:

What a piece of paper or few kbps of documents stored on a hard drive. I went down this path. Asked if anyone from the NEW safety committee ever checked with the corps in question during the season seeking input from corps members. The answer was then dci can't do that under their charter back in 1972. Nice bait and switch but I am not buying it.

I think you need to know that the genesis of the current effort was MM surveys turned in at the END of the season.

1 hour ago, Bluzes said:

Hey Music City your getting my friends donation this year. All dci does with the money is place feel good things on dci.org so the friends section at LOS can feel good about themselves, sad. See all the good that comes out of this, I'm impressed.

This is completely wrong and you're (note the spelling, please) painting in a negative light some of the activity's most ardent supporters.

What's sad is that you know so little about the people who make up Friends.

(BTW, jealous much?  Jeesh, talk about using a wide brush!)

(EDIT: Disclaimer:  I am a 30-yr Platinum Friends member and your (note the incorrect spelling, please) disparaging me, personally, with your generalizations.)

Edited by garfield