Interesting occurrence at I&E this year

10 minutes ago, garfield said:

Facts.  They're slippery, eh?

Nah Colonel Mustard in the parlor with a candlestick was the real culprit

This whole conversation is about raising awareness and taking useful action.  To this marching member, and anyone else, who wants to see change in DCI, here is a Top 3 way to do it:

1) Realize that DCI is the collection of the member corps.  Change happens when you convince these voting members.

2) Get clear about exactly what the problem is and (more important) what you see as the solution(s).  That is, what do you want done?

3) Call, write, or meet with the various corps directors and explain your position. 

4) If you think a discussion would be helpful, know that representatives (directors, board members) meet at least twice per year in Indianapolis (January and finals week).  Get on the agenda for one of these meetings.  This activity is about the marching members.  Attendees want to hear your concerns and ideas for solutions.  There are plenty of capable people available to help you work through any details and obstacles.

5) If you are convinced that your solution(s) is/are reasonable, and you are getting nowhere with the above, by all means escalate!  There are plenty of ways to take your position to the larger community.  

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, BigW said:

DOH! I thought it was Professor Plum! Blame it on my hatred of Purple! :innocent:

Irony is that was supposed to be the color of Keystone Kavaliers. But only time we made it out of the practice room door was to merge with WSM to get back on the field

51 minutes ago, JimF-LowBari said:

Irony is that was supposed to be the color of Keystone Kavaliers. But only time we made it out of the practice room door was to merge with WSM to get back on the field

Gah! Other than the Purple Lancers... I can't think of anyone who really used that color who did well in DCA or DCI.

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, cixelsyd said:

Technically, I could see how the lawyers might recommend that DCI shut down a protest of this nature, for fear that something the I&E contestant says might attract a slander lawsuit down the road.

BINGO!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, CD23 said:

I keep hearing it was a male via Reddit.  

So no one even knows what the person's gender is, let alone what they actually said, but we are sure they are either a hero or a narcissist, and we don't know what DA said, if anything, but we are angry at DCI based on a third hand rumor as to his state of mind.

DCP at its finest.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1