Interesting occurrence at I&E this year

11 minutes ago, Bluzes said:

MAYBE, just check out a friend's Face Book page that we all know and love. They want to pay his/her? Way through dci next year. Here we go again sometimes just sometimes it's best to keep one's thought's private and this could have just happened in the moment. Then everyone else social status aside (friends) do not need to take things so personnel and miss the point of this whole thread.

I'm really happy to check out your friend's (sic) Face Book (sic), but I can't say that I know and love him/her until you share his/her name or a link to their FB page.

Who's getting paid?

Your advice about keeping thoughts private is sound advice I've had to follow several times in these threads.

"...everyone else ('s?) social status do not need to take things so... (well, there ya' go).  Social status', apparently, now have feelings.

Is the point of the thread to throw Friends under the bus as a bunch of mind-numb Luddites who are unknowingly "played" by the "bait and switch" ring-leaders of the activity?  Somehow I missed that in the OP, so maybe you could point that out for me.  Thanks!

Edited by garfield
clarity

To answer a question I brought up earlier ... I ended up checking the Reddit thread on this, and one of the MC members responded:

The funniest thing is that he wasn’t registered for a vocal solo, but i&E screwed up and when we checked in they told him that he had a slot at 4pm so he just improvised

... so it seems like the kid did it on his own.

From another post via someone identifying as a MC member (take this as you will, not saying this is gospel truth):

- The chief judge called Atchison

- Atchison apparently held a meeting with all of the corps directors

- The MC director "supported the member who read the article"

- The MC director asked all MC members not to post any videos of the ... uh ... performance

12 minutes ago, garfield said:

This post makes no sense whatsoever. 

It sure makes sense to Music City and the individual who gets a free ride next year and the corps gets a donation. But you don't see any of that, so pick on me. I enjoy it.

11 minutes ago, ShutUpAndPlayYerGuitar said:

- The MC director asked all MC members not to post any videos of the ... uh ... performance

Wondering if there are any other people who took videos who are not MC members. In this day and age, it would be amazing/mindboggling if no one else has one.

20 minutes ago, BigW said:

Well, Jim, something we both learned in corps...

Own up to your mistake, or point and blame the cut-ups in the Baritone section. :biggrin:

Year before you joined Larry hired an old school long history marching instructor in mid season.  Sure enough we had the biggest drill screw up first night he was there. Blame bad lighting and those #### parking lines on the Island. We turn around and our group is about 10 yards out of place. Sherry L just runs up to where she is supposed to be and hired gun chews her out. Then he comes to me with smoke outta the ears and all I can think is don’t bs him. I hear “WHAT HAPPENED?” and I reply “beats the #### out of me”. He’s 40/50ish and I look like still in high school. He does a double take and said he didn’t know either but would watch us next time. Moral: be honest even if obscene. 

And people wonder why I don’t get intimidated talking to authority figures like Navy brass 

• Haha 1

30 minutes ago, garfield said:

Is the point of the thread to throw Friends under the bus as a bunch

No it is not but we all play a role and the activity has a lot larger issues to be concerned with than hurt feeling. Isn't that what started this thread hurt feelings about something. I didn't create these problems but am willing to put my money up to help. I can't have an opinion people need to grow up or you wouldn't be fighting with me and we all would be onto fixing things are feelings more important? Think I don't know that these are the people that can fix things I didn't insult anyone.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, skevinp said:

Was it open to the public?  

Understand this was I&E so is not DCI I&E open to public. DCA Friday night I&E is like a party so interested in what DCI does.

• Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, skevinp said:

Was it open to the public?  

You'd think I and E is... I remember seeing I and E performances on DCI broadcasts and it's sponsored my System Blue. Why sponsor something closed to the public? There had to be some spectators...

5 minutes ago, JimF-LowBari said:

Understand this was I&E so is not DCI I&E open to public. DCA Friday night I&E is like a party so interested in what DCI does.

Granted not many people listened to me in 2013 DCA's, but at least those competing in Low Brass listened to, encouraged, and respected one another. great experience and opportunity to learn.

• Like 1