Interesting occurrence at I&E this year

5 minutes ago, Bluzes said:

Ok let me get this over with. I am probably the most successful dummy you ever encountered. Bulling, I have way more fun being bullied than you have being the bully. Go for it, dci needs a distraction from it's very serious problems. Just duck you head in the sand with the rest of them, if calling me a dummy is all you got then your part of the problem..

To reference “Bulling” (sic) I simply direct you to your comments about Friends members feeling satiated at the vacuous statements of DCI. 

If you’re going to cast aspersions, you’d do well to have some facts to back it up. 

You don’t, so don’t now claim you’re being BULLIED.

• Like 2

23 minutes ago, Jeff Ream said:

i'm not condoning the kid doing it. as we get older, we all think things we would have at one time found irreverent and funny arent as cool as we once would have thought.

but it still speaks to something I have said twice now and has been roundly ignored:

the kids out there marching do not think DCI is going a good job of this if even half of what you see on Reddit is to believed. if all of it's true, well, it's a pathetic statement towards how DCI is handling it. 

Either way, while this wasn't the greatest idea, the kids out there today still have concerns that need to be addressed AND the adults arent transparent enough with the kids.

and this will probably be ignored too

i totally agree the perception matters - I think the Cadets got a lot of attention with Dan even visiting them at ST and again at their banquet, touching base throughout the summer / but as you and I know, this is hardly a Cadets-only issue... and I doubt the other corps' members felt the love so to speak... 

the ST "webinar" thing was a bust - like most online training (think Starbucks racism sensitivity training which had the top people in the industry develop it - and was viciously criticized and may have done more PR harm than good)

in my view a response such as what DCI needs to provide is best judged in the longer view - they cannot "move on" - it needs to be a game changing moment. Either Dan gets that and the member corps directors get that - or if they fail... then like Cadets BOD - they may find themselves gone

Edited by George Dixon

18 minutes ago, garfield said:

What does any of this have to do with your misguided understanding of fans and the inner workings of DCI?

Sounds like you, too, have bigger issues to deal with, beginning with your intro to productive discussions (you’d likely beat me at wrestling), your treatment of your employees, and your marital relationship. 

I am the happiest person alive. Would go out of my way to help others. Berate me all you want the issues will remain and I am very concerned with the bigger picture. I don't have time to psych out anyone or the have it my heart to do so, can you please get over your infatuation with me my wife is getting jealous.   

• Haha 2

20 minutes ago, garfield said:

It’s not all true. The kids I rub shoulders with are proud as heck that their leadership has taken a strong stance.

Like DCP, Reddit words are cheap and sometimes match the first line of your post. 

It’s better than most people think, but squeaky wheels get airtime on the interwebs. 

okie dokie. if you say so. Because in talking to kids I know...at GOOD corps when it comes to this...perception is DCI takes care of who it wants to. 

Edited by Jeff Ream
  • Like 5

1 minute ago, Bluzes said:

I am the happiest person alive. Would go out of my way to help others. Berate me all you want the issues will remain and I am very concerned with the bigger picture. I don't have time to psych out anyone or the have it my heart to do so, can you please get over your infatuation with me my wife is getting jealous.   

for the happiest person alive you seem to assume the role of victim a bit much in this thread - JMO

I don't perceive that anyone here is either bullying you or infatuated by you

I'm mostly find myself puzzled by your posts - but hey, it's a free country and all that... and like you, I"m quite the successful dummy

carry on!

• Thanks 1

Just now, Jeff Ream said:

okie dokie. if you say so

I'm sure there are instances of both - I would imagine some organizations have taken this quite seriously this summer while others, the topic is persona non grata 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, George Dixon said:

i totally agree the perception matters - I think the Cadets got a lot of attention with Dan even visiting them at ST and again at their banquet, touching base throughout the summer / but as you and I know, this is hardly a Cadets-only issue... and I doubt the other corps' members felt the love so to speak... 

the ST "webinar" thing was a bust - like most online training (think Starbucks racism sensitivity training which had the top people in the industry develop it - and was viciously criticized and may have done more PR harm than good)

in my view a response such as what DCI needs to provide is best judged in the longer view - they cannot "move on" - it needs to be a game changing moment. Either Dan gets that and the member corps directors get that - or if they fail... then like Cadets BOD - they may find themselves gone

Ok first off what is ST just missing something. 

Second I expect a few missteps in getting policy and training together as a complicated subject. My agency put together their own sexual harassment training with co workers doing the acting. They got in trouble with the female on male harassment clip. Something about being able to carry donuts and two cups of coffee in the script. And seriously training needs to change as society changes. Think I've had 25+ years of it now

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, garfield said:

No, I just couldn’t read your post. Now that you’re using grammar and spelling that I can understand (pick up “Syntax for Dummies”, too, as you’re watching Academic), your post makes more sense. 

So, you’re going to divert your Friends donation to MC to pay for this member’s dues (about $3,500) AND make a donation to the corps?  Outstanding!  At that level of Friends donation you must have been sitting quite close to me on Saturday night!  Care to PM me and share your seat number?  I was Sec 240, rows 6 & 7, seats 16 to 20 in both rows. We’re you close to that?  Maybe we were seat-mates, eh?

But I guess you think I don’t see any of that, including the mid-five digits I “spent” on DC this year. You might be right, of course. 

Bluzes doesn't have the best spelling and grammar but most of his posts are pretty insightful or thought out once you learn to decipher them. 

With your condescension about spelling in every post and your elitist repetition of "omg look guys I'm part of Friends!", I'm surprised you're expecting anyone to take you seriously. 

And I say that as someone who normally respects your posts. 

Edited by Cappybara

35 minutes ago, Jeff Ream said:

i'm not condoning the kid doing it. as we get older, we all think things we would have at one time found irreverent and funny arent as cool as we once would have thought.

but it still speaks to something I have said twice now and has been roundly ignored:

the kids out there marching do not think DCI is going a good job of this if even half of what you see on Reddit is to believed. if all of it's true, well, it's a pathetic statement towards how DCI is handling it. 

Either way, while this wasn't the greatest idea, the kids out there today still have concerns that need to be addressed AND the adults arent transparent enough with the kids.

and this will probably be ignored too

I think George has bigger axes to grind, like how SJWs are ruining the world 

I back the Music City performer. Art can inspire, but art can also be uncomfortable.

Art can challenge. Art can reveal ugliness. Art can be disappointing. My favorite art creates conversation. This performer's art has certainly created engaging, spirited talk.

At SoundSport, the audience was treated to a performance of The Three Little Pigs that had only been thought up 4 days before its SoundSport debut. The program was cute and well played.

But the awful news of GH in April has not been easy to quickly forget nor dismiss.

I would gladly trade in my Three Little Pigs enjoyment for the Music City performer's convictions.

Edited by DeanInChicago
  • Like 2