Interesting occurrence at I&E this year

Boy, you people are so easy to manipulate. Don't take me serious. Focus on the stuff that helps dci like what I said in my last post.

7 minutes ago, Bluzes said:

Boy, you people are so easy to manipulate. Don't take me serious. Focus on the stuff that helps dci like what I said in my last post.

OK, I'll read your posts and try to understand them - there are nuggets of insight in your words if you can stop balling them up in mud to sling.

What are you saying here, in your first posts, that is focusing on the stuff that helps DCI in this matter?  End the Friends program?

I won't take you seriously to be sure, but I'll look for something from you that is an actual solution or points of action for the smarmy, elitist Friends or the inept DCI executives to do that isn't already being done.

Edited by garfield
spelling, go figure

57 minutes ago, garfield said:

I have lots of evidence to back my contention that your wrong.

Posting on Reddit, not good for anyone. Your evidence is not a measure. The measure is this posting must stop. I  am not your foe, I agree steps have been taken, but it is no where near time to rest on your laurels and close your mind, there is still a lot of work to be done. I am not the problem and you have nothing to prove to me. I think some measuring equipment is for sale from the Blue Stars?

Edited by Bluzes
typo

17 hours ago, garfield said:

Each member corps' Board was IN THE ROOM when this policy and practice was reviewed and described for implementation.  Is it safe to say that each corps has the tools to establish base-line P&P that cover escalation, and yes, what each member needs to know to escalate to the person they trust the most.  These facts do not mean that each corps has accomplished the same amount in 3 months as every other corps, obviously I'm sure.

No! The answer is NOT to tell the person they trust the most. The answer is to have someone in the corps or DCI who the members feel they can safety talk to and that person KNOWS THE PROCEDURES to get it reported so it can be investigated and acted on. And the members know how to contact those people. Same training I get every year and no difference be it DoD or DCI.

Edited by JimF-LowBari
Flipping spell check
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2

My head and heart hurt reading this thread, I believe there to be 2 principled individuals who see things much differently. In this  “...oh what a world we live in” we resort to calling each other trolls or eliteists. This fraternity/sorority we profess to love sure turns ugly if “they” don’t agree with my truths.

• Like 2

43 minutes ago, garfield said:

End the Friends program?

How could you get me all wrong. I explained latter on how I think the friends program is our best shot at getting things across to dci that are discussed here. So I shook the tree a little, respecting that fact. I didn't insult anyone.

1 hour ago, George Dixon said:

Perhaps I wasn't clear. I was meaning as a spoken topic - of daily or weekly conversation (coaching sessions/workshops etc) - I realize the policies have been dropped into place

But do you breath life into those policies in daily words and actions? 

Trying to breathe life while dealing with human nature...  OY!!

Work in an agency with couple hundred people and we get trained in this every year. Can say flat out management (And workers too) take it with different degrees of seriousness and depends on the person. No idea why DCI would be any different.

Just because they are told the same thing does not meaan they will all act the same.

Edited by JimF-LowBari

3 hours ago, Cappybara said:

The whole pioneer situation this season comes to mind 

Yeah... according to the one Reddit post from a MM they were supposedly discouraged from saying anything to outside sources which runs contrary to DCI's Code of Ethics and Behavior.

This for those not familiar with that situation. If that's true, it still bothers me deeply- to the point I'd get a Torch and Pitchfork if it was needed. :unhappy:

• Like 2

51 minutes ago, garfield said:

I won't take you seriously to be sure, but I'll look for something from you that is an actual solution or points of action for the smarmy, elitist Friends or the inept DCI executives to do that isn't already being done.

How do these words smarmy, elitist, inept get into your head I don't use these words. If you haven't figured it out yet it's those posting things on Reddit that could really hurt the Origination that we both love and respect. How am I disrespecting anyone?