Interesting occurrence at I&E this year

So we never found out why the member (AIN’T saying gender lol) did this. Other than there was supposedly a scheduling screwup and surprise you’re listed to perform. 

And what group did this person perform in?

Edited by JimF-LowBari

30 minutes ago, skevinp said:

To me, the myriad differences should be obvious to any thoughtful person who actually does care about the victims.

Would you be comfortable contacting all of George's victims and telling them you are doing a DCI show about them next year?   

There are absolutely lots of differences between the these responses.

For one thing, I think it's likelier that a loved one of a 9/11 victim saw Scouts' 2011 show than it is that one of Hopkins's victims saw this I&E performance.

Should Hannibal Buress, out of respect for Bill Cosby's victims, not have said in a comedy show that Cosby was a rapist? It is generally believed that Buress's monologue directly led to those victims coming forward again and at last having their stories taken seriously.

That said, you raise some points well worth considering. I only wish to emphasize that there are no easy answers here.

1 hour ago, JimF-LowBari said:

Believe Connecticut Hurricanes also did a 9/11 show but that was just before I came back to watching corps

Doing a show based on a specific issue is not a problem, Doing it about a very specific person can be. 1st , among many things the message shifts from the issue to the person.

• Like 2

cleaned up off topic posts.

sorry folks - thou shalt not post any reference to material considered political or religious in nature....:innocent:

seriously, we have plenty to talk about in a focused, thoughtful and adult manner.  let's please not muddy the waters.

thanks for your understanding

3 hours ago, JimF-LowBari said:

Believe Connecticut Hurricanes also did a 9/11 show but that was just before I came back to watching corps

The NY Skyliners in 2002... New York City's flagship corps... did a brief, but very moving 9-11 tribute in their '02 show.

Understated, yet very powerful.

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, JohnZ said:

cleaned up off topic posts.

sorry folks - thou shalt not post any reference to material considered political or religious in nature....:innocent:

seriously, we have plenty to talk about in a focused, thoughtful and adult manner.  let's please not muddy the waters.

thanks for your understanding

Or John the all seeing (well he knows what I look like) shall smiteth thine hindquarters from above lol (REALLY wish I could do emojis from this cell phone)

All this reminded me one of my college roommates joined the priesthood. Just Googled and guy was a monsignor in Altoona. "Was" because I just found out he passed away few months back. Yeah off topic and feel free to delete but in shock and had to get it out. Guy was from Wilmore PA (population 225) and you gotta be a local to even hear of that place.

Edited by JimF-LowBari

On 8/15/2018 at 3:20 PM, JimF-LowBari said:

So we never found out why the member (AIN’T saying gender lol) did this. Other than there was supposedly a scheduling screwup and surprise you’re listed to perform. 

And what group did this person perform in?

Are you asking what corps this MM was from?

• Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, Tuba1919 said:

Are you asking what corps this MM was from?

Sorry that was badly written. Asking what I&E group the person was competing in. For example the one time I did I&E I was in the Baritone group.

On ‎8‎/‎15‎/‎2018 at 3:23 PM, N.E. Brigand said:

Would you be comfortable contacting all of George's victims and telling them you are doing a DCI show about them next year?

Depends how tasteful the presentation is. It very uncomfortable for us looking in from the outside, can't image how they would feel? I would just do it but not contact. This years show certainty showed respect for them with the Unity Project. If one could build from there?

14 hours ago, Bluzes said:

Depends how tasteful the presentation is. It very uncomfortable for us looking in from the outside, can't image how they would feel? I would just do it but not contact. This years show certainty showed respect for them with the Unity Project. If one could build from there?

DCP's technical quirks sometimes add confusion, so I'd just like to note that you're responding to skevinp's question and not something I asked.