So What are the ageout counts for the top 12?

According to FloMarching article from Sept, 2017 here were the age out numbers for each of the World Class Divion Corps from LAST SEASON ( 2017 ). Flo research stated the average numbers of age outs for World Class Division Corps was 32. For Top 12 Finalist Corps the average numbers was 42. There were a total of 509 Age Outs for the 2017 season in the Top 12 Corps. Here is the breakdown for LAST SEASON for Corps age outs ( as reported to FloMarching )

Blue Devils.... 60

SCV................56

Crown.............45

Cavaliers........43

Bluecoats........54

Boston.............36

Cadets............45

Blue Knights,...35

Phantom Reg.,,,45

Blue Stars.........40

Crossmen........20

Madison Scouts..30

Mandarins.........13

Academy............45

Colts.................25

Troopers..........22

Spirit of Atlanta.25

Oregon Cru.......22

Pacific Crest.....17

Genesis.............9

Cascades........21

Jersey Surf......20

Pioneer............12

• Thanks 2

Crown had 53 (from the banquet yesterday).

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, BRASSO said:

According to FloMarching article from Sept, 2017 here were the age out numbers for each of the World Class Divion Corps from LAST SEASON ( 2017 ). Flo research stated the average numbers of age outs for World Class Division Corps was 32. For Top 12 Finalist Corps the average numbers was 42. There were a total of 509 Age Outs for the 2017 season in the Top 12 Corps. Here is the breakdown for LAST SEASON for Corps age outs ( as reported to FloMarching )

Blue Devils.... 60

SCV................56

Crown.............45

Cavaliers........43

Bluecoats........54

Boston.............36

Cadets............45

Blue Knights,...35

Phantom Reg.,,,45

Blue Stars.........40

Crossmen........20

Madison Scouts..30

Mandarins.........13

Academy............45

Colts.................25

Troopers..........22

Spirit of Atlanta.25

Oregon Cru.......22

Pacific Crest.....17

Genesis.............9

Cascades........21

Jersey Surf......20

Pioneer............12

Brasso, thank you for finding this data and posting it on DCP.

I have always been curious about the number of age-outs from each corps that represents MMs who have chosen to age-out with that corps after spending their prior season(s) with another.

For example, during 2017, 6 brass MMs of Phantom Regiment chose to spend that year with Blue Devils and reaped the benefit of having done so; 1 other chose SCV and another CC. The lead conductor who led SCV in 2018 spent 2016 with PR (having come to R from SCV) and then returned to SCV in "17.

I do not begrudge any MM for making such a decision and was happy for each one who chose BD, especially to have then had the opportunity to contribute to such a wonderful, championship show product.

In the back of my mind however, I wonder if there was something about their experiences with the Regiment in 2015 and 2016 that created the incentive to leave, something that related to the type of program choices and program direction and if that something previewed the concerns these days about what needs to be done to return regularly to medal contention...and soon.

Sorry for the digression into what might have been.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

From Cavies Facebook post (with pics from age outs at banquet) it looks like 38

After a few days, we could probably list the Corps and the numbers thats being reported. I would expect FloMarching might just do a similar report this post season again on what the numbers are that they are receiving. Keep it coming.. its a good thread for the post season, imo

Edited by BRASSO

Colts had 29 age outs this year.  http://colts.org/2018_243.html

6 hours ago, 1956OPR said:

Brasso, thank you for finding this data and posting it on DCP.

I have always been curious about the number of age-outs from each corps that represents MMs who have chosen to age-out with that corps after spending their prior season(s) with another.

For example, during 2017, 6 brass MMs of Phantom Regiment chose to spend that year with Blue Devils and reaped the benefit of having done so; 1 other chose SCV and another CC. The lead conductor who led SCV in 2018 spent 2016 with PR (having come to R from SCV) and then returned to SCV in "17.

I do not begrudge any MM for making such a decision and was happy for each one who chose BD, especially to have then had the opportunity to contribute to such a wonderful, championship show product.

In the back of my mind however, I wonder if there was something about their experiences with the Regiment in 2015 and 2016 that created the incentive to leave, something that related to the type of program choices and program direction and if that something previewed the concerns these days about what needs to be done to return regularly to medal contention...and soon.

Sorry for the digression into what might have been.

Depends....BD has had people go to them the year after winning elsewhere...for years.

I marched the 84 corps with an 83 Cadet...happens a lot.