Carolina Crown 2019

4 minutes ago, karuna said:

Fortunately this mass confusion was limited to DCP and you and didn’t seem to affect others including the judges all season. What a tempest in a teapot that comment was :crazy:

Could you remind me then what it was? I believe it was Incognito who said it was ribs like in a bone yard but then I seem to recall a Crown video that said otherwise? 

If you think it was limited to DCP, you are mistaken. A good number of my friends from HS/undergrad band aged out last year and went to some shows this past season as spectators, they were equally puzzled 

Also of course it didn't confuse the judges. They get multiple views of the show and have the designers ramming as much info through their ears about the show during critique 

Edited by Cappybara

15 minutes ago, Cappybara said:

it was ribs

Thanks that explains a lot. Other than I never bit down to the shinny white part of the bones before, I will take your word for it (RIBS). They did keep giving me the munchies but shinny white ribs no Hersey Kisses yes. Even went to the concession Friday in LOS, right before Crown no kisses but did buy a bag of MMs thought that was fitting. When I explained to the folks sitting in back of us by offering them some MMs LOL they though they looked like kisses as well. Hint don't ask for any Crown White Ribs in KC if your hungry.

Edited by Bluzes
typo

28 minutes ago, Cappybara said:

Still 

9d56220427ff49dfb6a1f40e11cabf3e

my friend?

Over what? Better throw some of that over your shoulder. I'd hate for you to have bad luck. 

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, Cappybara said:

Could you remind me then what it was? I believe it was Incognito who said it was ribs like in a bone yard but then I seem to recall a Crown video that said otherwise? 

If you think it was limited to DCP, you are mistaken. A good number of my friends from HS/undergrad band aged out last year and went to some shows this past season as spectators, they were equally puzzled 

Also of course it didn't confuse the judges. They get multiple views of the show and have the designers ramming as much info through their ears about the show during critique 

Actually, I said they reminded me of ribcages (ribs would be a type of meat if you didn't know). Big difference, but I guess I can see the confusion. 

GrimEnlightenedBlacklemur-max-1mb.gif

Wow, Somehow this thread is even more hostile than the Madison thread. 

28 minutes ago, Bluzes said:

Thanks that explains a lot. Other than I never bit down to the shinny white part of the bones before, I will take your word for it (RIBS). They did keep giving me the munchies but shinny white ribs no Hersey Kisses yes. Even went to the concession Friday in LOS, right before Crown no kisses but did buy a bag of MMs thought that was fitting. When I explained to the folks sitting in back of us by offering them some MMs LOL they though they looked like kisses as well. Hint don't ask for any Crown White Ribs in KC if your hungry.

Actually it's not 100% they're ribs as pointed out by Incognito. I think the Crown design team said they're claws. I've been looking for the design video I was referencing but can't find it on YouTube 

56 minutes ago, karuna said:

I don’t think Beast was a bad concept.  If part 2 hadn’t fallen a bit short I think they would have medaled.  Bur wandering a bit early in the show is very hard to recover from.  Props weren’t clutter at all;  they were mood / environmental vs active. But they most definitely did NOT clutter the stage. While dragging props all over the field is de rigeur I don’t think it’s a requirement.  

We ar all well aware of your opinions about this show, this concept, and this corps. 

If you removed all of the props from this show, I imagine it would have had no negative impact on scoring or GE. Mood? Come on. That’s just silliness.

• Thanks 1

25 minutes ago, MikeRapp said:

We ar all well aware of your opinions about this show, this concept, and this corps. 

If you removed all of the props from this show, I imagine it would have had no negative impact on scoring or GE. Mood? Come on. That’s just silliness.

Disagree. The teeter totter had to have added some GE, even if it was minuscule.

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, Cappybara said:

Actually it's not 100% they're ribs as pointed out by Incognito. I think the Crown design team said they're claws. I've been looking for the design video I was referencing but can't find it on YouTube 

Go look in the Crown 2018 thread. The video was a Flo video.

• Thanks 1

8 hours ago, Cappybara said:

I think the design team said they were teeth and claws.  Didn't say which were which, but there was a size distinction in the things.