Carolina Crown 2019

1 hour ago, karuna said:

Seems to me a poster who just posts about Boston in a Crown thread (as you’ve done in your past two posts) is just trolling looking for some action.  Just asking you to stay topical. If you want me to post some Crown tweets in the Boston thread just say the word. 

Topical...

This years Crown show was a huge disappointment from a visual perspective. Matter of fact it was the worst show I've seen from them that I can recall in recent memory. The music and visual certainly did not complement each other IMHO.  I'm not a hater either. Some of my all-time favorite performances from Crown were  2005, 2009, 2012, 2013, 2015, and 2016.

Edited by Liahona
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, Liahona said:

Topical...

This years Crown show was a huge disappointment from a visual perspective. Matter of fact it was the worst show I've seen from them that I can recall in recent memory. The music and visual certainly did not complement each other IMHO.  I'm not a hater either. Some of my all-time favorite performances from Crown were  2005, 2009, 2012, 2013, 2015, and 2016.

All with the old design team

• Like 1

On 9/1/2018 at 8:41 AM, karuna said:

I’ll give the new team another season.  Really like some aspects of what they’re trying do. Takes time for a new team to gel. (See Cavies).  

Agreed, I haven't loved the design yet with the new team (though personally I liked Beast better than It Is, so hopefully that upward trend will continue), but I'm willing to give them another season or two to see what happens. Would've loved to have seen a few different design teams' takes on the Beast concept, though — I think that the dark savagery Boston's design team (aka Crown's old design team) brings to the field would've fit really well, or to take a different route the constant high-energy style of the Cavaliers (better yet, the Green Machine-era Cavies) could've been an interesting way to go. Mostly though I would've liked to see how Crown's old team would've done Beast, I think that the design team that wrote Inferno could've done some amazing things with the theme this year.

Edited by kalad's_phantoms_regiment

10 minutes ago, kalad's_phantoms_regiment said:

Agreed, I haven't loved the design yet with the new team (though personally I liked Beast better than It Is, so hopefully that upward trend will continue), but I'm willing to give them another season or two to see what happens. Would've loved to have seen a few different design teams' takes on the Beast concept, though — I think that the dark savagery Boston's design team (aka Crown's old design team) brings to the field would've fit really well, or to take a different route the constant high-energy style of the Cavaliers (better yet, the Green Machine-era Cavies) could've been an interesting way to go. Mostly though I would've liked to see how Crown's old team would've done Beast, I think that the design team that wrote Inferno could've done some amazing things with the theme this year.

I'm not sure key members of the visual/design side of Crown's team is remaining for 2019. Some change may be just what they need - I personally never thought this current team was a great fit. Probably much more behind the scenes than we are aware of. Just seeing last year's show open with a set stolen from Broken Arrow (HS BOA Powerhouse) was a enough for me to question the process. As a casual observer you could tell the influence from someone (?) in drill and design segments. Jeff got to write a nice closing drill though. I did still really enjoy the show - members did a great job with it and it was certainly a medal worthy contender. Personally I'm looking forward to the 2019 edition

• Like 2

1 minute ago, George Dixon said:

I'm not sure key members of the visual/design side of Crown's team is remaining for 2019. Some change may be just what they need - I personally never thought this current team was a great fit. Probably much more behind the scenes than we are aware of. Just seeing last year's show open with a set stolen from Broken Arrow (HS BOA Powerhouse) was a enough for me to question the process. As a casual observer you could tell the influence from someone (?) in drill and design segments. Jeff got to write a nice closing drill though. I did still really enjoy the show - members did a great job with it and it was certainly a medal worthy contender. Personally I'm looking forward to the 2019 edition

Interested to see what staff changes 2019 brings, and don't get me wrong, I have nothing but incredible respect for the members, they marched the hell out of the show. There were certain parts of Beast that I thought were written really well and I definitely enjoyed it, I just found that parts of it didn't fit cohesively into the show theme (the ballad, the synth thing in the opener, and the rib-like objects). The ballad was a beautiful arrangement, performed very well, that I just couldn't find a place for in a show about primal savagery.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, kalad's_phantoms_regiment said:

Interested to see what staff changes 2019 brings, and don't get me wrong, I have nothing but incredible respect for the members, they marched the hell out of the show. There were certain parts of Beast that I thought were written really well and I definitely enjoyed it, I just found that parts of it didn't fit cohesively into the show theme (the ballad, the synth thing in the opener, and the rib-like objects). The ballad was a beautiful arrangement, performed very well, that I just couldn't find a place for in a show about primal savagery.

absolutely!

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...