Carolina Crown 2019

2 hours ago, karuna said:

Dcp kept 403’ing so I abandoned the post.  It might even have crashed as it became unresponsive for at least 15mins afterwards.   Still get 403 when pasting in a YouTube url. 

Check what type of youtube URL you are posting. I've noticed DCP doesn't handle non-traditional youtube URLs very well. 

2 hours ago, karuna said:

Dcp kept 403’ing so I abandoned the post.  It might even have crashed as it became unresponsive for at least 15mins afterwards.   Still get 403 when pasting in a YouTube url. 

same thing happened to me last week. i agree with Cappy's comment that DCP is picky about url style.

2 hours ago, palmettomello said:

Anyone have any updates, rumblings, or know of when any new staff will be announced- other than Ron Hardin stepping down as Visual Caption Head?

At the moment, Carolina seems to be up to their neck trying to get Blue Stars to build them BD '16's boat.  Be safe there, Ft. Mill and friends, in such Beastly conditions.

[Not mocking Crown or the conditions of Florence at all; but if a poster has the name of the South Carolina State tree, one would think the person would be aware that all Carolinians have more important matters at hand during this emergency, ya think?]

https://www.charlotteobserver.com/news/local/article218495690.html

Edited by xandandl

Bouncing a few ideas around in my empty head. 

CC on their FB was looking Friday for volunteers (before Florence) to fold 1500 tee shirts new to their warehouse.

Here's the idea: what if DCPers and DCIers bought some of these shirts (already in Carolina) designating them to be donated to people in Carolina who have lost everything in the Florence floods?! 

Crown has Crown Cares already. Here's another chance.

Buying the shirts from the corps helps the corps ($$$,) would help the flood victims, and would make drum corps look even greater. 

Just an idea as I search my wallet.

Edited by xandandl
  • Like 2

i just noticed when you click the Administration & Faculty page on CC website that page is not found. Could an update be coming soon showing some change?

25 minutes ago, Highwaydude said:

i just noticed when you click the Administration & Faculty page on CC website that page is not found. Could an update be coming soon showing some change?

It's been that way for a several weeks.  Crown does this every season (takes down the faculty page, edits in any changes, and the re-publishes).  IMO not really the right way to do it ( 403's just look bad) but w/e.  

• Like 1