Carolina Crown 2019

http://www.carolinacrown.org/index.php/connect/latest-news/208-carolina-crown-announces-2019-visual-team

Carolina Crown Announces 2019 Visual Team

The Carolina Crown Organization is pleased to announce the Visual Design, Supervision and Technical Team for 2019! Among the list are familiar names to the Crown Organization, including returning Visual Designer Jeff Sacktig and Artistic Director Rick Subel. There are also several new additions to the Team, such as Kevin Morrison who will be joining TeamCROWN as the Visual Caption Supervisor.

ricksubel.jpg

Rick Subel, Artistic Director & Program Coordinator

Rick Subel is continuing his role with Crown for his 3rd year. Rick is also the director and designer of the current WGI Independent World Gold Medalist, Paramount Winterguard. His previous experience as a designer and choreographer includes groups such as Santa Clara Vanguard, The Cadets, Bluecoats, Phantom Regiment, Crossmen, Troopers, and Magic of Orlando. View Full Bio

jeffsacktig.jpg

Jeff Sacktig, Visual Designer

Jeff Sacktig is continuing his role with Crown for the 3rd year. Jeff is an active designer for the current WGI Independent World Class Gold Medalist, Paramount Winterguard and the 4-time WGI World Class Gold Medalist Dartmouth High School Indoor Percussion. His pageantry experience also includes many years as drill designer for the 7-time DCI World Class Champions, The Cadets. View Full Bio

johnescalante.jpg

John Escalante, Lead Choreographer

John Escalante will be expanding his role with both the corps & guard programs for his 2nd year. John currently choreographs for programs such as the current WGI Independent World Gold Medalist, Paramount Winterguard, Cypress Falls, Tarpon Springs and The Woodlands High School Marching Band. In addition, John works with Sea World Entertainment as a seasonal choreographer, a director at Busch Gardens Theme Parks, and assists in the choreographer’s workshop at Nevada Ballet and Cirque du Soleil. View Full Bio

kevinmorrison.jpg

Kevin Morrison, Visual Caption Supervisor

Kevin Morrison will be joining the team as the Visual Caption Supervisor this year. Kevin has been involved with the marching arts since 2003 as both a performer and instructor for groups such as The Cadets, Boston Crusaders, and Jersey Surf. Most recently, Kevin served as the visual caption head for Spirit of Atlanta. View Full Bio

patrickduncan.jpg

Patrick Duncan, Visual Tech

Patrick Duncan has been involved in various roles with groups such as The Cadets and Boston Crusaders and is the current director of Bands at Park Vista Community High School. View Full Bio

eddyfalcon.jpg

Eddy Falcon, Visual Tech

Eddy Falcon has served in various roles with groups such as The Cadets, Boston Crusaders, Madison Scouts, STRYKE Percussion, “Blast, and DRUMLine LIVE. View Full Bio

davidflyr.jpg

David Flyr, Visual Tech

David Flyr has been involved in various roles with The Cadets and Spirit of Atlanta. He also serves as visual caption head at South Lakes HS and James Madison High School. View Full Bio

derekmcrea.JPG

Derek “DMC” McRea, Visual Tech

Derek "DMC" McRea has been involved in various roles with the Boston Crusaders and Spirit of Atlanta and is currently visual coordinator at Hialeah High School. View Full Bio

johnhowe.PNG

John Howe, Visual Tech

John Howe has been involved in various roles with Spirit of Atlanta, Madison Scouts, and Atlanta CV. View Full Bio

jacquelinemeyler.jpg

Jacqueline Meyler, Visual Tech

Jacqueline Meyler has been involved in various roles with Spirit of Atlanta, Mandarins, Academy, and as the visual caption head for the Calgary Stampede Showband. View Full Bio

katewarren.jpg

Kate Warren, Visual Tech

Kate Warren will be continuing with the Crown team after recently aging out. Kate’s experience includes performing with Carolina Crown and the Boston Crusaders. View Full Bio

scotmitchell.jpg

Scot Mitchell, Visual Tech

Scot Mitchell is an alumnus of Crown and spent the past few years in various roles with bands in both Virginia and Tennessee. View Full Bio

joeroche.JPG

Joe Roche, Visual Tech

Joe Roche has been involved in various roles in groups such as The Cadets, Star of Indiana, Madison Scouts, Bluecoats, Long Island Sunrisers, Connecticut Hurricanes, and the Bushwackers. View Full Bio

Congrats to Patrick, such a great guy! Did wonders with Wiregrass Ranch HS and is doing great things with Park Vista HS!!

I’m stunned by the lack of a very high caliber guard caption head.  I also think they need to re-evaluate the choreography individual as his work in 2018 left a lot to be desired.  

I honestly don’t know what to think about this set of additions other than I’ll have to wait and see.  I feel like Rick Subel is on his last leg this season if it’s worst or on par with 2018.

As a crown homer, I am truly underwhelmed but hoping for the best.

On 10/10/2018 at 1:41 AM, B-Flat said:

I’m stunned by the lack of a very high caliber guard caption head.  I also think they need to re-evaluate the choreography individual as his work in 2018 left a lot to be desired.  

I honestly don’t know what to think about this set of additions other than I’ll have to wait and see.  I feel like Rick Subel is on his last leg this season if it’s worst or on par with 2018.

As a crown homer, I am truly underwhelmed but hoping for the best.

Hoping for the best too, but with no real changes I'm not overly optimistic.  Time will tell. 

15 minutes ago, karuna said:

I like this staff.  I think we’ll see a more unified approach to the entire written book.  

I agree! I know a lot more of these staff then the last staff.

• Like 2