Carolina Crown 2019

On 1/9/2019 at 10:24 AM, YoungMusician said:

I’ve heard around the block that Crown is only taking 12 tubas this year.

Nooooooo.... nothing is better pedigogically than a nice, big, full tuba line for the big bass voice.

I know- the visual analysis and the fact that everyone is using amplification anyway...and BD wins all the tine with as little as 10 tubas but COME ON! 

2 hours ago, ThePlanets said:

Nooooooo.... nothing is better pedigogically than a nice, big, full tuba line for the big bass voice.

I know- the visual analysis and the fact that everyone is using amplification anyway...and BD wins all the tine with as little as 10 tubas but COME ON! 

Cadets also won Best Brass Award in 2015 with just 10 tubas... SCV won the Ott Trophy for the Best Brass Line with 12 tubas last season.

But its true that insofar as Carolina Crown is concerned anyway,  all the years they have won the Ott Award for the Best Brass line in DCI (2009, '11, '12, '13, '16, '17 ) it has always been with 16 tubas. I believe the last time that Crown went out with less than 16 tubas was back in 2007, if I'm not mistaken. So this is a little bit of a departure for them anyway, if this report is accurate. I'm confident they won't miss a beat though, and that they'll still have a great brass line this season as well.

Edited by BRASSO

On 1/9/2019 at 10:24 AM, YoungMusician said:

I’ve heard around the block that Crown is only taking 12 tubas this year.

interesting - if the case it probably is due to the musical selection and they are adding to percussion and/or guard

On ‎1‎/‎9‎/‎2019 at 10:16 AM, Ghost said:

Could be adding to other sections like the guard.

5 hours ago, George Dixon said:

interesting - if the case it probably is due to the musical selection and they are adding to percussion and/or guard

Emoticon bowing down Stock Vector - 14531735

To my knowledge, Crown is still fielding 16 tubas. Can't say for 100% certain but I haven't heard anything to suggest only 12.