Carolina Crown 2019

5 hours ago, Incognito365 said:

I'm not saying they have to win in order for me to keep supporting organization. Yes, 2017 medaled. I also didn't believe that there was a corps that was going to take that away from them. If last year is any inclination, Crown is a bit rocky (no pun intended). This year will be telling on how this design team is going to work together from here on out. Third times charm, right? This corps could medal or win with the talent they have, but it's going to come down on the design teams shoulders on how they do. I hope for the best, as Crown is and has been my favorite since 2006, but I'm not going to sugarcoat things to make myself feel better about this season either. 

Who's sugarcoating anything?  I can objectively see where a design or performance may have gone off course but still subjectively want the corps to do well.  But I see no need to issue public ultimatums (ie they better produce a medalist-quality or I'm no longer supporting them).  That's the definition of a fair-weather fan I think.  In any case...

GO CROWN!

• Like 3

9 hours ago, karuna said:

Who's sugarcoating anything?  I can objectively see where a design or performance may have gone off course but still subjectively want the corps to do well.  But I see no need to issue public ultimatums (ie they better produce a medalist-quality or I'm no longer supporting them).  That's the definition of a fair-weather fan I think.  In any case...

GO CROWN!

Umm, I didn't say they had to medal either.

Here's what it comes down to: The design staff needs to get their **** together to put a quality show on the field that one can enjoy from every aspect. While 2017 was cohesive, it did have its flaws and left people scratching their heads. Last year was even worse in that area. 

Also, if I were a "fair-weather" fan, I would've jumped ship last year, or 2014, or 2011, or I would've never became a fan of Crown at all because what won me over was an 8th place show. So please don't give me that bull. 

• Like 1

On 3/31/2019 at 12:00 AM, Stu said:

If ya really want to bump something follow the lead of karuna and post thoughtful, meaningful, and related comments; otherwise let the humorous threads work themselves out. This is DCP; a community sandbox in which to play.

I apologize if I offended.  Seems easy to do with some people though.  I’d seen bumps before (I assume you reached out to them as well) and thought it might be a way to get all discussions to the forefront and back to easier accessibility for posters.  I’m not quite as glib as some posters and didn’t have time to create a less than enthusiastic reply to,imo, what are time wasting threads because those posters (same one for some) would be as guilty of what bothered you about my bumps. But that’s just my opinion, which I always thought we were allowed on DCP. So accept my sincere apology.  I really mean it. o n

13 minutes ago, LabMaster said:

I apologize if I offended.  Seems easy to do with some people though.  I’d seen bumps before (I assume you reached out to them as well) and thought it might be a way to get all discussions to the forefront and back to easier accessibility for posters.  I’m not quite as glib as some posters and didn’t have time to create a less than enthusiastic reply to,imo, what are time wasting threads because those posters (same one for some) would be as guilty of what bothered you about my bumps. But that’s just my opinion, which I always thought we were allowed on DCP. So accept my sincere apology.  I really mean it. o n

For me, I was not offended. So no apology needed, but thanks. A single thread bump, with only the word 'bump' written, is a typical way to bring something back to the top that is of major interest but want to seek other's input first. Most posters have done that on ocassion. However, doing that back to back to back to back to back... with around twenty threads, sorta sends out a snarky statement. And it was that which I was addressing concerning making legit posts when reopening threads. And again, even though it was not needed on my end, thanks for the apology.

1 hour ago, karuna said:

Well I heard a little chirp about Crown playing another Morricone piece this year.  But as a ballad?

Hmmm......I can think of one that's been used a lot in WGI (but not so much in DCI).

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hxIudIx3rpw

That could be a real gorgeous moment if it comes to be.