Carolina Crown 2019

16 minutes ago, karuna said:

Well Crown had April camp.  

They moved.

They played.

They spun.

Yet NO ONE knows :ninja:

The people that were there know, and what they know is this show will be INCREDIBLY crowd appealing!

• Like 1

57 minutes ago, karuna said:

Well Crown had April camp.  

They moved.

They played.

They spun.

Yet NO ONE knows :ninja:

There are a few people that know a good bit. They just aren’t sharing....yet.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, CubFan said:

The people that were there know, and what they know is this show will be INCREDIBLY crowd appealing!

Man, I hope so. I miss the old Crown. 

• Like 5

10 hours ago, CubFan said:

9 hours ago, crownisking said:

There are a few people that know a good bit. They just aren’t sharing....yet.

I know a bit as well but I'm keeping it beneath the radar.  Anxiously waiting for more details to surface :ninja: 

I need information just as much as the next person, but what I have heard (which is very little at this point) it seems very promising. I just have to wait to see if my issues with design team have been fixed or not. I will say this, I'm loving what I'm hearing right now!

• Like 2

So... here's what I can tell you.

Show design will have a much different feel, and be more accessible. They are taking a new approach to the preseason, and rather focus strictly on the music they spent a good chunk of time learning drill over the weekend. The visual concept (from what I've been told) will be a bit different than in recent years and there were a couple of signs on the field that led me to believe this was going to be a different approach. 

The music - definitely a different vibe. That same level of difficulty but just a much different vibe with a mixture of a couple of different styles were not used to seeing/hearing from Crown. Brass wise, no trombones for the low brass, all baris and euphs. I counted 6 bass drums in the battery. Someone there told me the corps has all of the music, or at least close to all of it. 

Move-in's are in less than two weeks. All in all, this is going to be a fun show for the kids to perform, but expect to see a much different side of Crown when they hit the feeling this season.

• Like 6