Carolina Crown 2019

1 hour ago, nsxanax said:

While it no longer turns on the water works for me, I find this and SCV’s, ‘89 closer to be two of the most moving passages ever performed in DCI.

I raise you a few of PR's closers.   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=np8px5FqGQc

Bonus closers.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_RKfyF29eTs

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZMwA3upuCGU

Edited by Ghost
  • Like 3

I've been to a couple of Crown's spring training ensemble rehearsals so far, and all I can really say is that they are hauling a** and playing loud catchy music. The hornline sounds great for it being week one of spring training and the drums are on their game once again this year. No idea what the show could be at this point, but it is going to be fun to watch. Do not write them off just yet

• Like 5
  • Thanks 2

12 hours ago, Ghost said:

I wish I could like this 1000 times. There is just something about those PR closers that just gets me right in the heart.

• Like 1

21 hours ago, Ghost said:

Agree with all of those, and thanks for recommending a re-watch.

Having followed DCI since it’s inception, I was a PR guy before the Carolinas decided to field a corps.

While I’m biased because of my affinity for Dvorak, PR ‘89 remains in my personal, all-time top 10. Had Gail Royer not pulled out the “disappearing Phantom in the chair” on finals night, PR might have very well nabbed the Founders Trophy 🏆 that year.

Into the Light will stand as one of the all time great closers for a very long time.

Edited by MikeRapp
  • Like 2

21 hours ago, TigerBaritone19 said:

I've been to a couple of Crown's spring training ensemble rehearsals so far, and all I can really say is that they are hauling a** and playing loud catchy music. The hornline sounds great for it being week one of spring training and the drums are on their game once again this year. No idea what the show could be at this point, but it is going to be fun to watch. Do not write them off just yet

If anybody wrote them off, that's just ridiculous!  Too consistent to be written off and this year's music is going to have people on their feet and rocking!  Heard the closer today and it's going to be on FIRE!!!!!

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

On 5/23/2019 at 10:23 PM, Ghost said:

It’s interesting you posted this

i just watched a compilation video “Top 7 Phantom Regiment Closers Ever” type video - so many impressive closers 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, MikeRapp said:

One word: Elsa. 

Frozen? 🙂

• Like 1
  • Haha 3