Carolina Crown 2019

4 hours ago, Flguardman said:

From what I’ve heard it’s beat singing to the drums for like 30 seconds, not sure if they’ve kept it or not. 

Interesting from what I’ve seen so far they have 6 basses marching 

They still have bass #5, from ‘17?

That kid was pretty bad-@$$🥁

39 minutes ago, nsxanax said:

They still have bass #5, from ‘17?

That kid was pretty bad-@$$🥁

I think he aged out already but I’m not sure!!

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, xandandl said:

Is the 6th a tiny bass or a Purdue U size bass?

I believe it’s a tiny bass but I will check and see

13 hours ago, tesmusic said:

Will there be singing, that you know of?

I watched them practice tonight.  They don't have the whole show on the field yet, but I heard no singing, or narration.     

Very high energy, lots of power, the opener is awesome!  As usual, the work ethic and enthusiasm of the members is amazing.   

I counted 12 tubas, haven't they had more in past years?   Still plenty of low brass sound though. 

Love the way they integrate the guard into the opener.  

Overall I was very impressed, they seem to be further along than last year at this time.     

• Like 4

1 hour ago, BassClefTristan said:

As someone who is marching this show I'll just say this. We are certainly working our tails off but man is this show fun.

Can vouch for how hard these guys are working, and the show deserves it. It might be the toughest one in the activity this season

• Like 2

10 hours ago, Flguardman said:

From what I’ve heard it’s beat singing to the drums for like 30 seconds, not sure if they’ve kept it or not. 

Interesting from what I’ve seen so far they have 6 basses marching 

a la BD 18 tenor feature in the closer

2 hours ago, wigwam said:

I watched them practice tonight.  They don't have the whole show on the field yet, but I heard no singing, or narration..     

Closer has what sounds to me like a synth voice patch/sample.   No live singing AFAIK. 

On 5/26/2019 at 11:36 PM, palmettomello said:

Because it's almost June and we don't have any show info, I'm dissecting the small clips of ST haha. They posted a video of their guard doing some nice doubles work with rifles, behind them you can clearly make out a ramp and what appears to be a FE arrangement that is not flush with the front sideline... Interesting. 

Pit is located on side one.  Right edge is on the 45 about 16 steps out.   Left edge crosses front sideline at the 35.    Front of the stage is completely open.

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, karuna said:

Pit is located on side one.  Right edge is on the 45 about 16 steps out.   Left edge crosses front sideline at the 35.    Front of the stage is completely open.

To accommodate the (not on the) field judges?

• Haha 1