Carolina Crown 2019

38 minutes ago, karuna said:

Does this help answer your question?  Bass 6 is substantial but not Boilermaker-sized.

61631961_10157207542897641_4244556852529

61543271_10157207536537641_4022354163965

I feel like that's the same size as the Bass 5 we marched when I was in high school. It really doesn't look all that huge to me. If anything, Bass 1 looks smaller than a normal Bass 1. I'm also not a percussionist, so just ignore everything I just said. 🤣🤣🤣

37 minutes ago, Incognito365 said:

I feel like that's the same size as the Bass 5 we marched when I was in high school. It really doesn't look all that huge to me. If anything, Bass 1 looks smaller than a normal Bass 1. I'm also not a percussionist, so just ignore everything I just said. 🤣🤣🤣

I think 32" is largest marching bass drum Yamaha makes.  The boilermaker's drum is 87" ! 

563bdcab07321.image.jpg?resize=750,500

2 hours ago, karuna said:

I think 32" is largest marching bass drum Yamaha makes.  The boilermaker's drum is 87" ! 

563bdcab07321.image.jpg?resize=750,500

Forgive me for hijacking the thread, but Purdue’s claims of owning the “World’s Largest Drum” are fake news. Both U of Texas and Mizzou have larger drums. 

4 hours ago, Incognito365 said:

Thanks for the photos although my old eyes were only seeing 3 basses, Flossie, and 2 more basses. Flossie must be covering one. 🙂

1 hour ago, crownisking said:

Forgive me for hijacking the thread, but Purdue’s claims of owning the “World’s Largest Drum” are fake news. Both U of Texas and Mizzou have larger drums. 

Yeah, yeah...everything is always bigger in Texas...

I quoted Purdue as their huge bass drummer several seasons back was the former Madison Scouts drum major. They liked him so much that the Boilermakers gave him their podium and made him the grad assistant. Really super guy with even nicer parents.

Edited by xandandl