Carolina Crown 2019

On 5/28/2019 at 11:26 PM, wigwam said:

I watched them practice tonight.  They don't have the whole show on the field yet, but I heard no singing, or narration.     

Very high energy, lots of power, the opener is awesome!  As usual, the work ethic and enthusiasm of the members is amazing.   

I counted 12 tubas, haven't they had more in past years?   Still plenty of low brass sound though. 

Love the way they integrate the guard into the opener.  

Overall I was very impressed, they seem to be further along than last year at this time.     

Nice and thanks for the info if you had to compare this to another show be it a crown show or other corps show what would you say this one sounds like? 

I would have to say E=mc2, Downsideup & Old Powerhouse Cadets would be Crown 2019 it’s something different all in itself really!!

• Like 2

19 hours ago, MPutnam said:

If E=mc2 and Beast had a love child, you would get Crown 2019.

15 hours ago, Flguardman said:

I would have to say E=mc2, Downsideup & Old Powerhouse Cadets would be Crown 2019 it’s something different all in itself really!!

May all your guesses be right. 

Dr. Leonard McCoy, Star Trek III: The Search for Spock

Edited by nsxanax
  • Like 1

6 hours ago, Flguardman said:

I would have to agree it's something different.  Still sounds like Crown playing it, but it's definitely something new (and really good!) 

• Like 4

I'm already loving this show more than the last 2 combined, and I loved 2017 even with all its flaws. Crowns going to do some great things this summer!

• Like 5

1 hour ago, Incognito365 said:

I'm already loving this show more than the last 2 combined, and I loved 2017 even with all its flaws. Crowns going to do some great things this summer!

Same!!!

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, johnpendell said:

All these positive comments are driving me insane I need to hear something!!! 😫

know, right!!??

Well, I can settle for an amalgam of CC ‘13 & ‘18/Blooo ‘16/Cadets of Old, dancing through my mind.

For now.

Though it definitely looks like I’ll be making a trek to a theatre near me on 6/20 for the DCI Tour Premiere. Went last year and it was fairly enjoyable.

NightBEAT’s too far in the future, and I’m gonna need more than YouTube and bandit bootlegs for my early season, CC fix...

Edited by nsxanax