Carolina Crown 2019

30 minutes ago, nsxanax said:

know, right!!??

Well, I can settle for an amalgam of CC ‘13 & ‘18/Blooo ‘16/Cadets of Old, dancing through my mind.

For now.

Though it definitely looks like I’ll be making a trek to a theatre near me on 6/20 for the DCI Tour Premiere. Went last year and it was fairly enjoyable.

NightBEAT’s too far in the future, and I’m gonna need more than YouTube and bandit bootlegs for my early season, CC fix...

I wasn’t able to go to the theatre last year unfortunately... but I’ll be sure to go this year!

That’s awesome you live close enough to go to NightBEAT! Very jealous. I normally go to the southwestern regional, but I think I might go to Katy. I’ve never been to an outdoor competition other than a BK exhibition way back in 2010, hardly remember it though sadly. 

If you ever come across a bandit bootleg... let a friend know 🤐😉

1 hour ago, johnpendell said:

I wasn’t able to go to the theatre last year unfortunately... but I’ll be sure to go this year!

That’s awesome you live close enough to go to NightBEAT! Very jealous. I normally go to the southwestern regional, but I think I might go to Katy. I’ve never been to an outdoor competition other than a BK exhibition way back in 2010, hardly remember it though sadly. 

If you ever come across a bandit bootleg... let a friend know 🤐😉

Actually, I expend an entire year’s, discretionary income on Crown Club seating. But—especially—since they relocated the venue to BB&T Field @ Wake Forest in 2015, it’s $$ well spent.

Sure, you’re still at the mercy of the weather, but it’s a gorgeous stadium and Crown puts on a helluva spread if you spring for the top shelf seating👑.

I’ll keep my ears & eyes open for the latter🕵🏼‍♂️

1 hour ago, karuna said:

Kudos on the composition. Mighta been a grab shot, but great bokeh📸

52 minutes ago, nsxanax said:

Kudos on the composition. Mighta been a grab shot, but great bokeh📸

Emily Treasure is a treasure 🙂  Crown is really very lucky to have such a great talent on their soc media team.

Edited by karuna
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I would agree that the book this year is much better. It's hard to describe, but this isn't the same Crown we've seen the past couple of years. 

As for an update, the corps is much further along this year than the past two seasons (thanks to the very small amount of rain we've had here in the Carolinas). The corps finished putting movement 2 on the field this weekend and should be close to getting the full show on the field by the preview show. I don't know when they're planning to announce the show but would guess it will be soon!

• Like 4
  • Thanks 3

56 minutes ago, karuna said:

CrownGuard is spectacular this season!  

62129804_10213633807975720_3566602745962

I second that!! 

• Like 2

21 minutes ago, karuna said:

Another incredible talent working with Crown this season!  

61995955_10157342366377930_5639489069797

For those of us who do not know, who is the gentleman and what is his expertise?

Also, please provide more commentary about improvements in the guard if you can?  Over the last two years, the guard has been the weakest section of the corps.

Thank You,