Carolina Crown 2019

28 minutes ago, TigerBaritone19 said:

I went to Gardner Webb again this past Saturday and they have what seems to be half of the show on the field, and those 5-6 minutes go by fast. The show hooks you in from the first note (which also blows your face off). Whenever I am there, the members seem genuinely excited about the show and excited about being there. I, myself, have not been this excited about a Crown show since 2016. I was excited about 2017 too, but this show is on a whole different level. Crown will be back as the crowd favorite again this year. This show is so much fun to watch right now, and I don't even know what is going on at this point. The show is just that entertaining. I hope to make it up to GWebb again this weekend and maybe see the ballad barring no weather setbacks. I cannot wait until June 16th for the preview show and June 20th for the Tour Premiere

I've been trying to think of how to describe this show... and I really can't. It hits several different genre's, its got a bit of a groove in certain sections, but overall (at least for June 3) the design is just so much better. And they've done a much better job of exposing each section, including the guard. It's more refined but will still be extremely crowd friendly. 

• Like 7

1 hour ago, karuna said:

There are props yes.  Didn't say there weren't. 

But the corps is in motion even when there are a handful of performers on a prop.   It's refreshing.   

Oh. 

And Jeff Sacktig is a master craftsman.  

Agree.

For anyone that shops at Amazon, you can go to smile.amazon.com and designate Carolina Crown as your favorite charity.  Then every time you make an amazon purchase they send a small percentage to Crown (or whatever other charity you choose).   You just have to go to smile.amazon.com when you make purchases.  The prices are exactly the same so it costs you nothing.  The amount they donate is small, but if lots of people do it, it can add up.  

• Like 1

8 hours ago, wigwam said:

For anyone that shops at Amazon, you can go to smile.amazon.com and designate Carolina Crown as your favorite charity.  Then every time you make an amazon purchase they send a small percentage to Crown (or whatever other charity you choose).   You just have to go to smile.amazon.com when you make purchases.  The prices are exactly the same so it costs you nothing.  The amount they donate is small, but if lots of people do it, it can add up.  

I've been doing this for a while now. Amazon has a nice feature: if you're signed up on smile.amazon.com, should you wind up on the "regular" website (say, via a Google search), a pop up will let you move to the same page on the smile website so any purchases get credited. 

11 hours ago, wigwam said:

I've been doing this for a while as well. I have the smile site bookmarked instead of the regular Amazon so I never have to remember to switch.

• Like 1

On 6/3/2019 at 8:43 AM, karuna said:

Wow Crown is NOT following the trend of standing around on props.  They are running their butts off this year.  I LOVE it. 

You may have just given DCI and DCP the new buzz word for the 2019 season:  propping: standing about on props.  Merriam-Webster take notice.

Edited by xandandl
  • Haha 1