Carolina Crown 2019

2 minutes ago, crownisking said:

I feel like Crown has been trending around the 5-6 spot for the past few seasons in the prediction threads. Most of those same people also have BD somehow coming in 3rd every year too sooooo...

It's actually been the past LOT of seasons 😕   DCI is a zero-sum game.  For someone's favorite to move-up,  someone has to be pushed down and Crown seems to be a favorite target.  It's really fun to watch them be frustrated every season but  "Cream will always rise to the top". 

• Like 2

21 minutes ago, karuna said:

Browsing the prediction thread I see that "6" has become "5".  Well at least the doubters are moving in the right direction 📈

Is it underestimation or impersonation that’s the sincerest form of flattery?

2 hours ago, crownisking said:

I feel like Crown has been trending around the 5-6 spot for the past few seasons in the prediction threads. Most of those same people also have BD somehow coming in 3rd every year too sooooo...

I have Crown in first AND Blue Devils in 3rd, because one day it will happen...I have a dream...that one day...Blue Devils will be 3rd. Lol.

• Haha 1

30 minutes ago, Incognito365 said:

I have Crown in first AND Blue Devils in 3rd, because one day it will happen...I have a dream...that one day...Blue Devils will be 3rd. Lol.

I hear ya, lol. With BD, I’ve learned to just enjoy the ride. If I’m being honest, 2015 still stings but other than that I generally enjoy what BD has to offer. 

55 minutes ago, crownisking said:

I hear ya, lol. With BD, I’ve learned to just enjoy the ride. If I’m being honest, 2015 still stings but other than that I generally enjoy what BD has to offer. 

I try, I really do, and typically the Blue Devils shows I like everyone who is a Devils fan hates. Lol. I don't even do that on purpose, just happens to happen that way. Lol.

9 hours ago, crownisking said:

Stings. Burns. Semantics. Still haunts me, too.

While it’s generally not healthy to dwell in the past, an occasional visit does provide perspective, and Inferno was one helluva show. 

Inasmuch as the stars seemed to be lining up for another world title—much like ‘13–it was a stark reminder that when spreads are tight, it all comes down to the last run of the season.

12 minutes ago, nsxanax said:

Stings. Burns. Semantics. Still haunts me, too.

While it’s generally not healthy to dwell in the past, an occasional visit does provide perspective, and Inferno was one helluva show. 

Inasmuch as the stars seemed to be lining up for another world title—much like ‘13–it was a stark reminder that when spreads are tight, it all comes down to the last run of the season.

I agree but by most accounts Bloo didn’t have the best finals run in ‘16 and they still won. That wasn’t meant as any kind of slight towards them but I remember most posters that night saying Bloo left the door wide open and I for one was pretty stressed when they started announcing the scores. 

• Like 2