Carolina Crown 2019

10 hours ago, KVG_DC said:

catching up on announcements and source music.

Gabriel's Oboe!  Been awhile since that tune has graced DCI I think.   Could end up being THE ballad moment of the season.

The emotion this piece can carry.  Some absolutely "lucky to be chosen" soloist could have everyone crying this season.

That. Was. Beautiful. 

giphy.gif

Edited by 2000Cadet

• Like 3

I'm not great at the cut and edit embedding.......starts at 1:00.  A brass take on this classic.

Former lead trumpet for the Dallas Symphony and The Canadian Brass.....now battling cancer.  Performance is fro his annual cancer fundraising concert.

Edited by wonker

1 hour ago, wonker said:

I'm not great at the cut and edit embedding.......starts at 1:00.  A brass take on this classic.

Former lead trumpet for the Dallas Symphony and The Canadian Brass.....now battling cancer.  Performance is fro his annual cancer fundraising concert.

I just got some major chills listening to that version!  If Crown is able to capture that same emotion, this is going to be really amazing.

23 minutes ago, Tommeee said:

I just got some major chills listening to that version!  If Crown is able to capture that same emotion, this is going to be really amazing.

If Crown is able to capture that same emotion...  I submit to you previous ballads from their productions E=mc2, Out of this World, Inferno, Relentless, It Is, & Beast.   

• Like 3

16 minutes ago, keystone3ply said:

If Crown is able to capture that same emotion...  I submit to you previous ballads from their productions E=mc2, Out of this World, Inferno, Relentless, It Is, & Beast.   

I actually have problems with each of those previous ballads, for various reasons.  To me, they were good, but not great.  2013 was good, but for me, the narration ruined it.  It took me several years before I could even watch the whole way through on the blu-ray.  2017 was fantastic in many ways, but the awesome hornline was covered up by singing, especially in some of the climactic moments.

I am hopeful that they do it the way I want it in 2019!  The source material is certainly promising, as usual.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

44 minutes ago, keystone3ply said:

They will.  With Klesch and that brass line, it will be a stunner.  

6 hours ago, 2000Cadet said:

That. Was. Beautiful. 

giphy.gif

When this first happened I was longing for a top corps to play this song. This story is gut wrenching but if you just want to hear the music and not the story skip to 2:50.   Oh and he is signing in Italian as well 😊