Carolina Crown 2019

So excited to see Crown's Gabriel's Oboe.  That piece is so moving to me, and with Crown's brass I feel was are in for some goose bump moments!

• Like 3

2 hours ago, cadet93 said:

So excited to see Crown's Gabriel's Oboe.  That piece is so moving to me, and with Crown's brass I feel was are in for some goose bump moments!

Certainly it has the potential to be a Crown ballad for the ages.  Might be hard to beat '09's  Somewhere / Rainbow from '09;  that delicate celeste moment in the middle was amazing.  I don't think the audience was even breathing during that entire interlude.  Anxious to hear it was well.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, karuna said:

Certainly it has the potential to be a Crown ballad for the ages.  Might be hard to beat '09's  Somewhere / Rainbow from '09;  that delicate celeste moment in the middle was amazing.  I don't think the audience was even breathing during that entire interlude.  Anxious to hear it was well.

Personal top 5 Crown ballads (in order)...

Wild Horses

The Abyss

There's No Place Like Home

Somewhere/Over the Rainbow

Angel

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Incognito365 said:

Personal top 5 Crown ballads (in order)...

Wild Horses

The Abyss

There's No Place Like Home

Somewhere/Over the Rainbow

Angel

good to see some love for '05.  that was the show (for me) where Crown became a corps i love.  And "Angel"  was goose bump city.

Doesn't appear to be online at the moment so ... this version ok too 🙂  Did Klesch capture her performance or what?  Just amazing.

Edited by karuna

6 minutes ago, karuna said:

good to see some love for '05.  that was the show (for me) where Crown became a corps i love.  And "Angel"  was goose bump city.

Doesn't appear to be online at the moment so ... this version ok too 🙂  Did Klesch capture her performance or what?  Just amazing.

I love both versions. I have deep ties to the original for personal reasons. Same thing goes for 2017 with For Good.

I loved the 2003 and 2005 shows, but 2006 is when I really started to follow Crown, with 2007 just solidifying my love for them. I was a junior in high school, and my sophomore year we did a show on the Kentucky Derby only for Crown to come out with Triple Crown the next year. It was like it was meant to be. Though Crowns show was 10x better than what we pulled off. Lol. 

2 hours ago, karuna said:

That moment at Atlanta is one of my fave drum corps memories as a fan. You could hear the air conditioning

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, FTNK said:

That moment at Atlanta is one of my fave drum corps memories as a fan. You could hear the air conditioning

I saw that show quite a number of times and it was that way every single time.  Never heard so many people be so quiet.  Get goosebumps just remembering it.  

• Like 1