Carolina Crown 2019

6 minutes ago, Incognito365 said:

I believe the dose of reality is needed for a corps base a little more North of the Carolinas. 

We’ll see. I’ve heard mixed reports from their ST. Either way, I hope the design team has plans to effectively layer this year. If this season doesn’t go well then some serious soul searching needs to take place in the off season.

14 minutes ago, Incognito365 said:

I believe the dose of reality is needed for a corps base a little more North of the Carolinas. 

There's been just as much wild hype in this thread, or more.  Which is fine, but I don't get why getting excited about a corps show deserves to get brought back to reality.  

Edited by DrumManTx
  • Like 6

1 minute ago, Newseditor44 said:

It’s impossible to tell determine (bars on a standstill performance on video) how a corps is going to fare at the beginning of a season. I’m excited to see both BAC and Crown this August, and to be honest the scores and placements mean very little to me. What does matter is if the show moves me, and I do think both corps have vehicles that will get me on my feet.

As for placement next Thursday, I’m not a judge.  I haven’t seen BAC on the field. But based on what little I know, I wouldn’t be surprised if BAC comes out of the gate leading by a full point, and my hunch is that the GE number is what will move the needle. 

Again, I really do appreciate your candidness. I’d rather go into the theater next week with realistic expectations than to be hit with a bombshell.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, crownisking said:

I appreciate the honesty. If we’re being honest, anything lower than a 3rd place finish will be viewed as a failure of a season by most. Crown can be good all they want but if they’re constantly finishing behind the best of the best then it’s obvious the program has taken a step back. So hopefully this show can get the GE it needs to actually finish on the podium.

If people think anything lower than 3rd is a failure, they need to seriously adjust their expectations.  EVERYONE just keeps upping the ante.  If Crown finishes behind SCV, Devils, and Bloo, there is nothing to be discouraged about.  Crown is not going to lose talent.  There is TONS of talent available out there.

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, Tommeee said:

If people think anything lower than 3rd is a failure, they need to seriously adjust their expectations.  EVERYONE just keeps upping the ante.  If Crown finishes behind SCV, Devils, and Bloo, there is nothing to be discouraged about.  Crown is not going to lose talent.  There is TONS of talent available out there.

It’s ok to finish behind those groups once in a while, I agree. Just don’t make it a trend.

• Like 1

I will never understand why people feel the need to slot corps before there has even been a single competition yet. At this point in the season, all anyone can really do is hype up the corps they like the most, which is why everyone on this thread has been hyping up Crown during spring training. Am I excited for the show? Absolutely! That doesn't mean that I think they will automatically win gold or silver. The top 5 or 6 corps right now are so competitive that even if Crown finishes 4th this year it should not be considered a failure, especially if the show gets people on their feet. There is just no way of knowing what is going to happen this season until it happens. We do not know what Crown will do with the show, but history suggests that they will layer the show as much as possible to make it a contender. We won't know if Boston is better until a week from now, and to say they are just based off of a standstill music performance is a big assumption to make. I'm ready for this weekend to see the finished product of spring training and look forward to what they will do to the show by the end of the season when I make my way to Indy.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Incognito365 said:

Well I'm not sure which corps base you're talking about (but I'm pretty sure I know which corps base you're talking about), but since the season hasn't started, we're all just hyping each corps up. And that's ok imo. From what I've seen from Crown, I have no doubt they'll be successful. I haven't seen the other corps who's base I don't know who you're talking about (the base I know you're talking about), but I am hopeful they will also have a great season. I'm just happy that they've BOTH done so well in the past few years. 

Edited by 2000Cadet
  • Like 4