Carolina Crown 2019

6 minutes ago, dans said:

I assume he's referencing the Cadets?

Whether he was referencing Cadets or Boston, doesn't really matter.  On both accounts, Incognito365 was wrong.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, dans said:

If so, I'd be pretty surprised. I would say based on past years, many of the alums/fans don't have huge expectations other than a lot of improvement. If anything I'd say most are underrating the corps, including the alums/fans. 

I think there's a corps a bit farther north that has championship expectations that may/may not be warranted. 

I'm incredibly excited for this year in drum corps because I think the top 6 corps (at least) are all going to be absolutely incredible. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Tommeee said:

Whether he was referencing Cadets or Boston, doesn't really matter.  On both accounts, Incognito365 was wrong.

Reality sets in soon enough.  Very happy to have three great corps on the east coast.  Excited when any of them does well against the Bay Area corps.  

4 hours ago, Tommeee said:

You have no idea what you are talking about.

giphy.gif

4 hours ago, DrumManTx said:

There's been just as much wild hype in this thread, or more.  Which is fine, but I don't get why getting excited about a corps show deserves to get brought back to reality.  

Hype is a good thing, but I think some are setting their expectations a little too high. That being said, I wasn't speaking on the show, but more of the predictions thread. It's one thing to hype, it's another to have what I consider unrealistic expectations. I could be wrong, but that's my opinion and I would never tell someone that their opinion is wrong, just a bit outlandish in my opinion. Again, I could be wrong.

3 hours ago, 2000Cadet said:

Well I'm not sure which corps base you're talking about (but I'm pretty sure I know which corps base you're talking about), but since the season hasn't started, we're all just hyping each corps up. And that's ok imo. From what I've seen from Crown, I have no doubt they'll be successful. I haven't seen the other corps who's base I don't know who you're talking about (the base I know you're talking about), but I am hopeful they will also have a great season. I'm just happy that they've BOTH done so well in the past few years. 

Feel free to message me to find out who I'm talking about. 

giphy.gif

3 hours ago, dans said:

Assuming gets you nowhere in life.

3 hours ago, karuna said:

Pretty sure he’s thinking further north 😎

Maybe.

3 hours ago, Tommeee said:

My opinion is wrong.

giphy.gif

3 hours ago, East9900 said:

If so, I'd be pretty surprised. I would say based on past years, many of the alums/fans don't have huge expectations other than a lot of improvement. If anything I'd say most are underrating the corps, including the alums/fans. 

I think there's a corps a bit farther north that has championship expectations that may/may not be warranted. 

I'm incredibly excited for this year in drum corps because I think the top 6 corps (at least) are all going to be absolutely incredible. 

I think they're in for a great season, especially coming off of the debacle of last year. Here's to hoping it doesn't slow them or their organization down! I love what I've heard so far!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

Hey y'all, I was just trying to give an honest assessment of what I saw and heard. I was pretty careful to say there is no real way of knowing what is going to happen next week, I was taking an uneducated guess. Everyone take a deep breath... Crown is fine. They will be fine this season. All is well in Purple Land. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

3 minutes ago, Newseditor44 said:

Hey y'all, I was just trying to give an honest assessment of what I saw and heard. I was pretty careful to say there is no real way of knowing what is going to happen next week, I was taking an uneducated guess. Everyone take a deep breath... Crown is fine. They will be fine this season. All is well in Purple CREAM Land. 

Fixed that for you!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

This whole conversation will be moot when another corps from the west coast will win, once again :thumbup:

Edited by Cappybara

10 hours ago, Newseditor44 said:

One thing is for certain, I think this show will resonate with fans better than the past 2-3 years. 

This is the only point that truly matters in my opinion and the main reason why I'm excited about Crown this year. When the season is over, people will forget about placement and just remember the shows they enjoyed. I'd wager to guess that in the past couple years, a much smaller proportion than usual could say they really really enjoyed Crown's show

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3

33 minutes ago, t-mac said:

Does anyone know what time ensemble starts/stops tonight (Thurs.)?

7-9 PM