Carolina Crown 2019

41 minutes ago, Cappybara said:

This whole conversation will be moot when another corps from the west coast will win, once again :thumbup:

Agree, Crown better bring it! Can't wait see and hear what they have planned for 2019! 

1 hour ago, Newseditor44 said:

Hey y'all, I was just trying to give an honest assessment of what I saw and heard. I was pretty careful to say there is no real way of knowing what is going to happen next week, I was taking an uneducated guess. Everyone take a deep breath... Crown is fine. They will be fine this season. All is well in Purple Land. 

Oh, none of what I said had anything to do with your post. No worries. 

As for Purple Land, I really hope that the Repertoire video is an indication and they come out with some bright colors again! I've been jonesing for some bright colors from Crown again!

• Like 5

Looks like I might get to see Crown afterall! They will be housed at a school 30 minutes from me, and so if the rehearsal isn't closed, bet your *** I'll be there next Tuesday! 

giphy.gif

• Like 5

I did make it out for ensemble tonight. A few thoughts..

-That beginning, yeah it's loud..though it's assisted. 
-It looked to me that the rain has put them a bit behind in the visual department in adding and getting forms cleaned up. Not a worry though, they'll get there.
-The earlier poster who was not as hyped about Gabriel's Oboe, I agree. It's good but it's missing something. The flugel duet needs some reworking and balancing I think.
-I really REALLY like the show concept. This is going to be their best show design in many years.  I'm pretty sure I have it figured out based on the props and some of the pre-recorded voice. It may not be apparent to all on first viewing, though I think there is more to be added. I won't give too much away, but think along the lines of certain mathematical patterns and how they repeatedly show up in reality.

• Like 7

4 minutes ago, Beckham said:

-It looked to me that the rain has put them a bit behind in the visual department in adding and getting forms cleaned up. Not a worry though, they'll get there.
-The earlier poster who was not as hyped about Gabriel's Oboe, I agree. It's good but it's missing something. The flugel duet needs some reworking and balancing I think.
-I really REALLY like the show concept. This is going to be their best show design in many years.  I'm pretty sure I have it figured out based on the props and some of the pre-recorded voice. It may not be apparent to all on first viewing, though I think there is more to be added. I won't give too much away, but think along the lines of certain mathematical patterns and how they repeatedly show up in reality.

Oh, so its based on the movie 23! Lol.

19 minutes ago, Beckham said:

but think along the lines of certain mathematical patterns and how they repeatedly show up in reality.

Ooooo I love that... fractals are so fascinating. 🕸️❄️

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Incognito365 said:

Looks like I might get to see Crown afterall! They will be housed at a school 30 minutes from me, and so if the rehearsal isn't closed, bet your *** I'll be there next Tuesday! 

giphy.gif

That’s awesome!

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Beckham said:

• Yeah the show is on the field but they stand still for 15 or 20 seconds at the end.  At 200bpm (and with Jeff writing) there are still a number of sets to add.

• I'll disagree with your disagreement 🙂  G.O.  is freaking amazing.  Pretty sure the issues you're hearing were more electronics related (levels and mics).  

• The rain set them back a little but I agree they're in fine shape and the show will be 'finished' in plenty of time for Detroit.  

• It's very apparent that there is a lot to add and layer.  The good thing -- it's a darn good drumcorps show already.  

• I think this is another show (much like 2013) where show flags and uniforms are going to make an incredible impact.  

• Crown has the prop thing going on.  And they become a very active part of the drill.  

• You and I are on the same wavelength regarding the concept.  
Edited by karuna
  • Like 6

21 minutes ago, karuna said:
  •  
  • Crown has the prop thing going on.  And they become a very active part of the drill.  

They need to  find a way to dampen the lids of the storage compartments in the props better than they currently are. The sound of those things slamming shut cut right through the hornline.

3 minutes ago, Beckham said:

They need to  find a way to dampen the lids of the storage compartments in the props better than they currently are. The sound of those things slamming shut cut right through the hornline.

Agree.  First time I heard it I didn't know what that noise was.  It's LOUD.